1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

gallery comes and goes

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by chillerman, Apr 14, 2012.

1. chillerman

chillerman Newbie

Hi, Im hoping that someone can help me out.
    I have a htc wildfire and yesterday changed the micro card from a 2g to an 8g one.
    I then moved over the apps that could be moved. Now the problem is that the photos and videos in the 'gallery' wont show, yet if I put in the old micro card they appear!
    I have looked at the apps I moved and I cant figure it out as I havent moved any to do with photos. Any help would be most appreciated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

Sounds to me like the photos are stored on the old SD card. You did copy them over to the new card, didn't you?

3. chillerman

chillerman Newbie

Well, thats the problem! Looking at the sd card under the Settings, Applications, Manage applications, there is nothing left on the card.
    If I go into the gallery app, I havent got a choice of moving it, as it doesnt give me a choice of saving to phone or sd card, yet all my photos say 'saved to sd card'.

4. chillerman

chillerman Newbie

Hi again, have also noticed that none of the music I had uploaded have transfered over to my new sd card, but yet again nothing left on old one (even tho it states their saved to sd card) plus also unable to see how to move the music????

5. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

How did you save it all? You needed to move all your photos and MP3's to a PC then back to the new card. Or to a Dropbox folder in the cloud. Gallry app is just an app (like a music player is just a player), all the data is in other folders not really relating to the apps. Use an explorer to search for a folder called "Pictures" or "Music".

6. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

If you can read the old card on your computer, copy those files to the computer, then switch to the new card and copy the files to that.