1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gallery delete button gone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wendizzle, Jan 1, 2013.

1. wendizzle

wendizzle Lurker

I have a Galaxy SIII from T-mobile and with the latest upgrade to 4.1.1 I no longer have the delete option while viewing an individual photo. It used to be in the upper right hand corner. I now have to select 'options' then hit delete.

I know how to delete from the thumbnails by a long press but that doesn't help me; I need to see the bigger version of each photo to know if it is something I want to delete and now I have to use extra steps to get to the delete button. Why do they "fix" things that did not need fixing? Now, in place of the delete button on the individual photo screen is the 'slideshow' button. Ugh, I don't know anyone who uses the slideshow feature; that is a feature that deserves to be buried in a settings list.

I have a feeling there isn't a fix for this change and I'll have to grumble and live with it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

You could use Quickpic. It's better than the stock Gallery app anyway.

3. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

Had the same issue. The JB auto syncs to google+ and google now. Go into them and you will find the thumbnails. You can erase them and choose not to sync if you want.

4. fdnj48

fdnj48 Android Enthusiast

Yeah I agree. I don't get my they removed it either. Stupid

5. wendizzle

wendizzle Lurker

I think I'll give QuickPic a try. As soon as I noticed that Google Now was giving me all sorts of new notifications, I disabled the whole thing and I have never synced with Google+.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews