• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gallery displaying pics not on SD card...

theartfullodger

Android Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2010
A weird one this,

Gallery displays a couple of folders of pics that are not on the SD card that I didn't want. I was cleaning up my folders & pics etc. etc. and couldn't delete these....

Found the names, the dates, hunted for them on the card, couldn't find them (including hunting from Windoze "Search"...). I was stumped...

So, figuring there might be some corruption on the card I backed all the contents up & re-formatted the SD card (wow that's quick on the N1..- 16Gb card).

Start up Gallery: They're still there...- and nothing else... (in case anyone is wondering, one folder has one snap I took from a camera of the N1 screen ages ago, the other is 4 pics of avalanches (snow) on the West Highland railway line in the highlands of Scotland... ).

Weird: So I reformatted, still there, so I pop out the microSD card, re-boot and Gallery still finds them...

Irritating but mildly worrying

Any suggestions as to
i) How to get rid ?? Factory reset ??
ii) How they got there & where they are???

They've been there for ages and survived the ERE27-FRF91 2.1 to 2.2 OTA upgrade...

Regards & thanks in advance..

Lodger

Can I ask how you get this to work? I have picasa software on my pc and I've synced albums to web albums. But nothing shows in my gallery.
Also when trying to upload to picasa from the gallery I get the "Add a Google Account" dialogue.
So I select to sign in with my existing google account, which I use for android and gmail (@gmail.com). After which I get "There is already a *****@gmail.com account on this phone" (duhhh..) and the only option I have is to return to the gallery.

I don't really need to upload to picasa directly from my phone but I would like to see my web albums in the gallery.. -.-

Upvote 0
you've seen the sync picasa option under accounts and sync?
No, I checked before and it's not there and not an option to add either.
from your post it seems like you have two different gmail addresses? or your original picasa sign in is different from your google account sign in (email address)?
I don't know if that's possible or not but that could do it.
No, that's the kicker. Picasa, gmail, android,.. all of that is on the same @gmail.com adress. I've read something about problems with @googlemail.com adresses not syncing or something.. But I've literally had this gmail since the origin of gmail. So I really don't get what the problem would be.

Upvote 0
under settings, accounts and syn. background data checked, auto sync NOT checked.
Under that should be manage accounts, gmail, facebook, whatever. Click your gmail.
Then there should be option to sync contacts, gmail, picassa, and calendar.

I'd try to wipe all the google account data and start over before I did a complete wipe. Good luck

looks like with 2.2 it doesn't matter if background data and auto sync are checked. Clicking the gmail account under manage accounts still brings up contacts gmail picasa and calendar.

Upvote 0
under settings, accounts and syn. background data checked, auto sync NOT checked.
Under that should be manage accounts, gmail, facebook, whatever. Click your gmail.
Then there should be option to sync contacts, gmail, picassa, and calendar.

I'd try to wipe all the google account data and start over before I did a complete wipe. Good luck

looks like with 2.2 it doesn't matter if background data and auto sync are checked. Clicking the gmail account under manage accounts still brings up contacts gmail picasa and calendar.
Thanks for your assistance, for some reason the problem was resolved automatically today; I opened the gallery and there where my web albums. I tried to upload pics and it went without a hitch.
I don't know what triggered it, I rebooted yesterday, cleared caches, cleared gallery data, synced gmail accounts, nothing worked. Perhaps it is because I had just started using the web albums a few days earlier and google was slow to sync (?)
Now it seems to work flawlessly.
So thanks for your time and effort man, appreciate it :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones