• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gallery Download Folder Preview Picture Glitch

Ok, I'm at a loss and cannot find an answer anywhere in the forums or on the web. Here's my dilemma....

I have downloaded a picture attachment from my Gmail that is an 'unwanted picture' which I opened when I went to Gallery/Download folder. It is currently the default preview picture now for the Download folder.

I've already deleted this picture from the Download folder, but anytime I download a new picture attachment, it still uses the 'unwanted' pic as the folder preview. I've even tried manually deleting the Download folder using AstroFile Manager.

Everything I've tried doesn't seem to work. I desperately need help because currently I'm not able to download any picture from my Gmail account without that stupid picture showing up as the preview for the Download folder.

Thanks in advance.

Umm dont download 'unwanted' pictures heh

Anyways I'm not sure I'm just guessing here, but try this.

1) Backup you sdcard - ie copy the entire contents to your computer, and then with the phone format the sd card. Apps will recreate their directories as needed.
2) Go to your backup copy and go to where you images are located and check for any hidden or other unknown files. If its all 'clean' then copy those photos back to the phone.
3) Slowly go through and copy things you know you need back to the sd card, leave behind things like cache and anything you dont know what it is.
4) Then finally launch the gallery app(you shouldn't have at this point) and check to see if its been cleared.

If this fails, I dont know. Try getting root and exploring your phone, just be careful of what you delete, and if you do, always backup said file. Or just do a factory reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones