1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General "Gallery" Draining Battery - Why?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by byulax22, Aug 3, 2011.

1. byulax22

byulax22 Member
    None

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Since getting my Optimus M the battery has been decent, as long as I don't leave too much running on it at a time. But sudenly this weekend I noticed the battery was draining in a little over 1/2 a day, which is unusual. When I go in to the Battery Use Details it shows that "Gallery" is responsible for over 50% the battery consumption, whereas Stand By was always the big drain. I assumed that "Gallery" was my camera/pictures, my camera app is not open. I did use it briefly this weekend at a wedding, but I thought I exited out of it once done. Can anyone help me figure out why the "Gallery" is draining my battery? I've even used Advanced Task Killer to make sure that nothing is running, but it continues to drain the battery.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. det1726

det1726 Android Enthusiast

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Self employed
    Michigan
    I do not think I have the perfect answer for you. What I would do though is make sure if possible to have the phone off while charging then when you turn it on manually go to Settings applications and force stop any unnecessary apps that are running. Including gallery. Also see if sync data is enabled. It's usually necessary but it is a battery drainer

Tags: