• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gallery is deleting my pictures (and I don't want them deleted)

I got my tab for Christmas and I have been very pleased with it so far, except for this new issue.

Early in the week a friend stopped by and looked at my tablet, she took a few pictures, pictures I enjoyed, so I kept them. A few days later I noticed that they were gone, even though I had seen them hours before. I thought nothing of it, figuring I deleted them on accident.

However, I went out of town and took a bunch of pictures of my family. Probably 25 pictures. I looked at them on Friday and Saturday, but by Sunday they were all gone.

I have 9gb left of space on my tab and no SD card, so where are my pictures going? And how do I stop my tab from deleting my pictures?

Its really hard to tell what is going on without having access to your device , knowing who else in your house could be accessing it without you knowing it, what apps you might have installed etc.

I have only taken a few but haven't noticed any problems,

One thing I will say about Gallery is sometimes it initializes incorrectly and doesn't show items that are actually there, at least on my Epic 4G. I have to close Gallery and restart, or even restart the phone to see them.

Also sometimes Gallery gets stuck in a "wrong" folder and I have to change to the one I want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones