1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gallery Lag After Using File Manager

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tansey, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Tansey

Tansey Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    College Student
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hey all!

So I"m having an issue and I'm just wondering if anyone else experiences this too. I like to organize my photos into albums and I just use the default Gallery app. I do this via the app ES File Explorer. However, I've noticed that every time I do something in ES File Manager that has to do with the Gallery, such as moving photos from the folder the phone puts them in in the Gallery when I download it to the folder I want them in, accessing the Gallery is soooooooo slow. I tap the Gallery and get a "Please Wait, Loading" message for like 10 minutes before I'm able to view pictures. I only get this lag after moving photos from one folder to another via ES File Explorer (I used to use Astro File Manager and it did the same thing, so I'm almost positive it's not the fault of the file managing app).

Anything I can do? Anyone else experience this issue?

Advertisement

2. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Tx
    You say it only does it when you move files around on the SD Card, right? I think the phone just has to read the new location of the pictures.

It only lags that one time, then, anytime you access your pictures through the phone without moving anything around, it works fine, correct?

3. Tansey

Tansey Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    College Student
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yes, it lags the one time after moving files around, then after it's loaded, accessing it is fast until the next time I move files around.

I was just wondering if this is normal or if something might be wrong with my phone?

4. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Tx
    It's normal. The phone just needs to take a second to read where you put everything. It does the same with mine when I move photos and stuff around.

5. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome

Feb 10, 2011
    Female
    Esurance - Insurance Agent
    San Antonio, TX
    My SD card automatically sorts them. If I was to re-sort/Different I believe the phone would take a little time to re-adjust and read the changes. This would be cause a lag in the reading of my SD card. It's normal. ^^.