1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gallery & Music Apps Recommendation which are similar to Xiaomi Mi3

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by _wolf_, Jul 18, 2016.

1. _wolf_

_wolf_ Member
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    I just switched from a Xiaomi Mi3 to Moto G4 Plus and I want apps for gallery and music that are similar (if not the same) to Xiaomi Mi3. I have downloaded a few off the playstore but I am not happy with them. Right now I have QuickPics which is OK but the issue is that it doesn't play and view both images and video within the same folder. And for music I have the paid app of PowerAmp but it isn't reading my SD card and the overall feel of it is not like the Xiaomi inbuilt player I had which was VERY smooth. Are there any alternatives for me?

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I'm not familiar with the Xiaomi, so can't recommend apps that have the same look and feel as that. I've never had a problem with PowerAmp reading files though. Have you had a peek through its settings - in the "Folders and Library" settings you'll find the option to control where it can look for files and another to force a rescan. I'd try the auto-find first, and if that doesn't find your sd card go in and add that manually to the music folders list.

QuickPic used to be highly recommended, but it was bought a year or so ago by Cheetah Mobile, a company whose business model is collecting users' data to "monetise" it (i.e. sell to spammers). There's a thread discussing it, and this post within that thread includes a link to a pre-Cheetah Mobile version of the app if you prefer not to take chances with them.

_wolf_ and mikedt like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I use Rocket Player on my China phone, an Oppo, as the built-in music player is cack. And Rocket has no problem with music on the SD.

_wolf_ likes this.
  4. _wolf_

_wolf_ Member
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    I deleted QuickPic and am using A+ Gallery. But it still isn't what I want.

Here is what I want: I open a folder using ES File Explorer (this is still a safe app, right?). In the folder there are videos and images. I click on an image and open it using Quick Pics or A Gallery. Then as I am scrolling through the contents of the folder I want the videos as well as the images to pop up and if I hit "play" on a video I'd like it to play immediately in the same app.

Which app will get me this?

I will check out Rocket Player. Thanks.