1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gallery not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by n0m0n, Dec 7, 2009.

1. n0m0n

n0m0n Well-Known Member

Hello
    Can someone please share how Gallery works?
    I have on my card a folder that I created Pictures.
    Within that folder I have created sub folders:
    Family
    Friends
    Picture ID
    Wallpaper... with a total 115 pictures
    Well I noticed that in a folder called DCIM, there is a folder called .thumbnails, which seems to be copying the pictures(some 42 pics) from the Picture folder.

My main issue is that when I tap on Gallery it opens a black screen with folders that remain blank and nothing...

I am forced to power down because after 5 minutes the Droid is so sluggish its not usable.

Should I be deleting the folders that I created?
    If so where do I put my pictures?

Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. esmith818

esmith818 Android Enthusiast

I have to agree with JW on this one. I have been emailing wallpaper images to myself (more convenient than mounting the SD card every time I find one I like), and then using AndroZip to move them from the Downloads directory to the Wallpapers directory.

If I then long-press on the desktop and opt to change my wallpaper from the Gallery, I don't see my images in the Wallpapers folder, but rather in the Downloads section. If I apply one of them, Gallery is obviously using a thumbnail as the resulting wallpaper looks like crap.

If instead, I use AndroZip to navigate to the Wallpapers directory, and then view from there, I can view and crop the image, apply it as a wallpaper and everything is perfect. Well, except that I still don't see the image in the proper place within Gallery.

Additionally, I do not see any way to force a refresh from within Gallery. I haven't tried power recycling the handset yet, but it would stink to have to do that every time I move files around on the SD card anyway. What gives?

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews