• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gallery options..

So earlier yesterday I did move my photos away from my moto z2 force, I did download a newer type of one, but something tells me the strange SD reader, cannot move XXyy to Xxxyyy location due to SD card, but I cannot remember what the name of the app was, because there is ten billion ones named Gallery, I should re download QuickPick since it worked excellent on my phone.. Unless there is a free gallery app that is extremely useful for me, any help would be appericated :)

yes it is called google photos. it will back you photos to the cloud. i never have to worry about my photos. i can even take a photo on my phone, let it sync, hop on my computer and the photo that i just took will be there. and when you upgrade your phone just sign in and you photos from your old phone will be there.

Upvote 0
yes it is called google photos. it will back you photos to the cloud. i never have to worry about my photos. i can even take a photo on my phone, let it sync, hop on my computer and the photo that i just took will be there. and when you upgrade your phone just sign in and you photos from your old phone will be there.
I have google photos, forever now, is there a seperate app that I can view and rarrange my gallery offline though?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Try Simple Gallery Pro.
It is excellent.

What of the recent reviews complaining that it takes an extremely long time for the gallery to load and display properly? And others saying that it magically deleted thousands of photos? I'd love to find a better gallery app than the stock version... even though my photos are backed up (in both Photos AND OneDrive), I'd rather not lose them unless I specifically delete them...

Upvote 0
I have a copy of Simple Gallery and have not met any of those problems. It's not quite as fast as F-Stop, but hardly extremely slow - about comparable to my old pre-CM copy of QuickPic.

When I see an occasional "I lost lots of photos" review I always wonder whether we are seeing user incompetence plus unwillingness to accept responsibility? I've spotted one of those in browsing recent reviews, but nothing that suggests a widespread problem.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
Anything is better than Cheetah ;).

I guess you mean QuickPic, which used to be a good little app until Cheetah bought it. I still have an old pre-CM version (disconnected from the Play Store so that you don't get requests to update it to spyware), but after trying out many alternative galleries I find that I mostly use F-Stop (there is so much similarity in gallery apps that my solution was to leave several installed and just see which one I actually found myself using, rather than trying to weigh up pros and cons of each).

Upvote 0
What of the recent reviews complaining that it takes an extremely long time for the gallery to load and display properly? And others saying that it magically deleted thousands of photos? I'd love to find a better gallery app than the stock version... even though my photos are backed up (in both Photos AND OneDrive), I'd rather not lose them unless I specifically delete them...

I literally have thousands of pictures and hundreds of videos on three devices- all using this app.

Missing media?
Lost files?

I think it is safe to assume that such complaints are due to user error.

Not to mention that none of my devices are exceptional.

So, if it works just fine for a $40 2GB device, what would be the problem on a better phone?

On my crappiest device, a Poblano VLE5 1GB device, there is an issue when I move files from the device to the SD card- they appear, but show 0b of memory, cannot be shared, or done anything with.

The solution is to restart the phone.
Because this is such a low caliber device, a restart only takes 1 minute.

Suddenly, all photos and videos appear with full memory and capabilities.

So this is obviously a device issue, not an issue with the app.
This does not happen with the other two devices.

Why not just try it?

It's not like a gallery app will just magically delete all your media.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones