1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Gallery permanently syncing

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Caff Racer, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Caff Racer

Caff Racer Member
    None

Nov 8, 2011
    Translator/journalist
    Spain
    Since this morning my POS Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V has been syncing uninterruptedly from the moment i switched the bloody thing on this morning. I have identified the culprit as the "Gallery" function/application/whatever the bloody word is, and have clicked on "force stop" in settings. But after a few moments the Gallery resumes syncing and I have to go back into settings to click on "Force stop" again. It's been like this all bloody day!

Is there any solution to stop the Gallery from syncing uninterruptedly like this, other than just throwing this bloody phone against the wall as hard as possible?

Advertisement

2. Caff Racer

Caff Racer Member
    None

Nov 8, 2011
    Translator/journalist
    Spain
    Is there really no way to solve this problem? I literally have to force stop the gallery every minute and it's really starting to annoy me. But it would appear that either a) there's no solution and/or b) nobody gives a flying feck, which is probably the most likely answer.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Please keep your shirt on.

As a community, we all care about one another, but when a problem is presented there's no guarantee if 8 people will be online, know the answer, and chime in right away or if it takes time for someone to think about the problem and offer help.

That said, I can help a tiny bit.

Killing the process can't work, as you've discovered - it simply gets restarted by the overall configuration setup under the hood on your phone and then goes back to where it was before.

I would try as follows - is the Gallery listed under your Accounts & sync main settings for your phone (most have this setting type, but the name can vary) - the place where you can set Auto-sync ON for example. If so - stop syncing there and disable it. Then reboot your phone, and then go back to that setting and turn syncing back on. See if that helps.

If no such setting like that, see if you can turn that off while in the Gallery, under menu, preferences or settings, then reboot.

If that fails to work, turn your phone off, and remove the battery for a full 60 seconds. If you a bit in memory stuck then removing all power can often clear the problem.

No guarantees, I don't have your phone model myself, but these strategies are known to work with similar syncing problems in Android.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Normally, the Gallery syncs to Picasa, so you should check at menu>settings>accounts and sync>your Google Account>uncheck Picasa.

EarlyMon likes this.