1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gallery pictures out of order ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jedi54, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Jedi54

Jedi54 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 15, 2010
    I tried searching but didn't find a definite answer so please forgive the n00b question.

using the stock gallery app, I am noticing that my downloaded pictures are not in any kind of order (or at least not an order I recognize)
    on my DX, the pictures would be in the order that they were downloaded but here that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Is there any easy way to correct this?

I tried using the Group by Time option but that resulted in some weird organizing.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. CherryLk

CherryLk Lurker
    None

May 21, 2012
    When you select a photo in the android gallery and then hit menu>>more>>details it will show the "date taken" however that is not actually the date taken on the photo file. Android uses the Date Created for this field, which can change (like when you move a file to a different folder or between your computer and phone, etc). So for example if you copy a photo from your phone to your computer today, the Date Created on your computer for the file will be today's date. Then if you copy that same photo from your computer to your phone in a week from now, the Date Created on your phone for that file will be that date next week. The android gallery is majorly flawed by using the Date Created and calling it Date Taken in the gallery. HUGE oversight on their part.

I'd bet if you look at the file details on your computer you'll likely see the discrepancies.

I used a program called EXIF date changer to change the date information so my pictures show up in the gallery in order.

3. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert
    None

Major annoyance. Since I transferred photos from my old phone they are in a completely random order.

Tags: