1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gallery - pictures vanishing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by molly121, Apr 21, 2011.

1. molly121

molly121 Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Hi everyone, there's an unanswered thread in the Incredible forum about this problem (http://androidforums.com/incredible...open-full-screen-then-vanish-al-together.html)

Can anyone help? I really don't want to have to email myself every photo I take in case my phone makes it vanish!

Edit: just checked and two photos I took last night have disappeared without trace and another photo is showing the strange thumbnail suggesting corruption. This is getting ridiculous.

Advertisement

2. ivan dobski

ivan dobski Lurker
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    "Can anyone help? I really don't want to have to email myself every photo I take in case my phone makes it vanish!"

I have found a solution to the vanishing photo mystery.
    Photos that don't show in gallery can be located with ASTRO file manager(free from market) in the DCIM folder.

Does anyone know if this little quirk is HTC IS phone or ANDROID software specific?

3. SilentSpring

SilentSpring Lurker
    None

May 26, 2011
    I hace the same problem with my incredible s - some gallery pics have vanished, still hiding on sd card and can be found via astro, but not showing up in gallery. All taken on the same day... very strange

4. applemanthai

applemanthai Newbie
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    i have same problem. Fierce annoying...... just when i want to show people my photos they disappear.....

Going to install Astro and see....

But the default programs should at least WORK!

Getting very frustrated with this phone...... had been planning my purchase for years and very disappointed so far.

I feel robbed.

5. thtl

thtl Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    Give this a try: goto Gallery, hit the menu button, choose 'Show/Hide Albums' and see if there are any albums unchecked.

6. deanfarnaby

deanfarnaby Member
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    This happened to me once.

Restarted phone and they all came back.

Would try two things.

1. Check Directory that images are in. If there is a file in the directory called ".nomedia" this will prevent the gallery displaying the images. Also stops subfolders inside same directory (Handy to stop all those stupid thumbnails from apps showing in gallery) [ I have a .nomedia file in every DIR apart from a few Music, Videos. Then I make sure all my files are in here, and I get no junk in my gallerys. :) ]

2. Copy SDCard contents to PC, Formatt SD , Put files back on.
    This probably wont do anything, it's just kind of a general fix for SD cards. Probably not the issue.