• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gallery problems

MateiA

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
Hi all,
Until a couple of hours ago my gallery used to work fine. After no apps installed or anything of this kind all it does now is start, without showing anything (no folders, no thumbs, nothing). According to ThinkFree Office (the built in file explorer) all my pictures and album art are still there.
Any solutions guys?
Thank you in advance.

P.S. The phone is almost like new, only a couple of applications installed. Also, my background picture (one of my gallery photos) can still be seen and when connected to my pc i can see all the photos, so they surely are there.

Yes, rebooting did not help. Maybe it's of some use, but i've discovered it is impossible to open any kind of image file using the cell phone. Other things tried: using a slideshow or image frame widget - both failed as i could not load any images.
Any ideas? If not, could you give me a hint then as to how to reinstall android froyo on the thing? (This is a desperate measure which i will prefer to keep as a least resource).

Upvote 0
I had the same problem and it seems to be consistent. I searched and people gave me silly solutions like, go to settings;applications;manage applications and clear the cache for all applications in your phone and then turn it off and open it and wait a few days for the gallary to open. That is crap. Here is the correct fast solution that I figured out by myself.

The gallary is managed by an app called COOLIRIS and some how this app connects to the internet to search for pics, vids, updates or whatever. This causes it to contineuosly reload or update your gallary and so it keeps loading and never opens. The only solution is to go to your home screen and open the top settings tab where you can set on or off bluetooth, wif, internet connection and so forth. Turn off the internet connection, its the second from the right. Now go to your gallary and it will open emmediately. Only problem is you wont recieve calls or messages, so do this everytime you want to view your gallary.

Upvote 0
hey peoples i also had the same problem and i tried srrescan software and even turn of the internet and rebooted the phone and cut the files from sdcard and then past there but it didnt worked for me

just yesterday i installed one application called securevalt and i tried to hide some photo through that but after few minuts of that my gallery is not detecting any photo even my music player is not detecting any song my phone is just a month old and i m using netquin security software

will any body please help me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones