1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Gallery Problems

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mjb11, Apr 23, 2011.

1. mjb11

mjb11 Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Hello,

I have recently been experiencing some Gallery (stock application) problems on my LG Ally. Today, I tried downloading an image from the browser; afterward, my "Camera" folder, which contains all of the photos taken with the phone's camera, disappeared from the Gallery. All of my other albums are still there.

I have tried rebooting, removing the battery, and unmounting/remounting the SD card. I tried running the "sdrescan" application several times, to no avail. All of my pictures are still in the DCIM/Camera folder. I also tried force closing and clearing data from the Gallery.

When I use the "Quickpic" application, I can see everything fine. It is just not showing up in the Gallery.

On another note, there is a blank picture in the Gallery under the folder "sdcard" which I cannot delete, and which has an unknown file location. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Thanks so much for your help!

Advertisement

2. gilbequick

gilbequick Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 11, 2010
    Try this:
    Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All
    Find Gallery and clear data and cache. See if that fixes it. Did you try a reboot? If that doesn't fix it I'm not sure, but personally I wouldn't worry about it anyway. The stock Gallery app blows, stick with QuickPic. It loads 10X faster and has a much smoother interface. The stock Gallery app is JUNK, QuickPic is what it should have been.