1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Gallery Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by simonj4599, Aug 26, 2013.

1. simonj4599

simonj4599 New Member

Aug 26, 2013
    I hate the S4 Gallery. I have finally, after turning off the auto back up, unsubcribing from Google+ etc gotten rid of a hlf dozen albums I didn't want. I now have 2 download files, one I would call legitimate and one that appears to be pictures from other members of my families phones. I have no idea haw they got on my phone. All our phones have had the S beam and NFC turned off since we got them.
    The starnge thing is when I search on the phone for the Download file - it doesn't appear to exist. I renamed, on the phone a couple of the pictures in the Download directory I want to delete but when I search for the files - they don't appear on the phone.
    Anyone had similar problems? Any Ideas as to how I can delete this Album?
    Silly me I only want pictures on the phone that I put there - not pictures that some random software decides I should have.

Advertisement

2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Make sure you're on the top level of the Gallery. Next, make sure the top left sort selection says "Album". Now press Menu -> Content to Display and make sure the only option checked is "Content on Device".

If you've already done this, then I don't know where the other pictures may be coming from.