1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Gallery REALLY slow. Sup wit dat?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rcbrown23, Feb 14, 2011.

1. rcbrown23

rcbrown23 Newbie

I'm on my second mytouch 4g... just got it a few days ago after returning my other one. I bought a 16gb sd card at the T-mobile store when I got the first phone.

Took a bunch of pictures with it, looked at them in the gallery, everything behaved as it should.

Got my second phone and popped in the same 16gb SD card, and I didn't notice till just now, but the gallery takes FOREVER to load the thumbnails. Then when it finally does, I click on one, and when I swipe to another, it LAAAGGGGGSSSS badly. WTF? Tried clearing the cache in the "manage apps" menu, but it's grayed out with 0.0 cache.

Any ideas? anyone else run into this?

cheers

p.s. I'm running launcher pro, if that makes a difference

Advertisement

2. Exaqtion

Exaqtion Well-Known Member

I don't know what would help you, but props to the thread title lol.

3. Tslide91

Tslide91 Android Enthusiast

Hmm, only thing I could suggest is leaving gallery open for a good twenty minutes or so. Itll let all your pictures load and build a cashe and if not, I dont know what to tell you. Im just taking a shot in the dark
    I noticed whatever process is running gets faster as it runs

4. rcbrown23

rcbrown23 Newbie

Word. I did try letting it run for awhile... but no luck. Still isn't loading anything into cache, and still taking forever to do just about anything. I only have 50 pics in there and 5 vids.

Just to be clear; how fast does everyone elses gallery run? is it instantaneous? when you go to "manage applications" under settings, could someone verify that the gallery is storing something into cache memory??

cheers

5. rcbrown23

rcbrown23 Newbie

Im thinking maybe its the speed of the sd card. I reformatted, but no luck. Ill pick up another and post my results back here

6. jinda

jinda Lurker

this is happening to me too but only after having my phone ON for a day or more. I restart when it does get slow and then it will solve the problem.

I just thought that it should not get laggy just after a day of use.

7. Tslide91

Tslide91 Android Enthusiast

My phone is on constantly. 800 photos and 50 videos, works just fine. Idk :/

8. rcbrown23

rcbrown23 Newbie

Thanks Tslide, that confirmation helps. Now I can get to the bottom of it.