1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gallery wont open....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dspl1236, Jun 26, 2013.

1. dspl1236

dspl1236 Well-Known Member

....i accidentally changed my video recording settings from 720 to 1080 and the video camera crashes the gallery instantly.

rom dirty flash does not fix this

tips?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. admn81

admn81 Android Enthusiast

Dirty flashing a nightly build with the video playback didn't help? I know more recent cm bulls and I think aokp had these fixes incorporated.

3. dspl1236

i even pulled a gallery2.apk from an older nightly release of PAC and installed it. no go either.

might i have to delete the gallery2.apk and then install it again?

video playback is fine, its the recording that wont get out of 1080p mode. instagram and vine video recording work

http://distilleryvesper8-8.ak.instagram.com/77692014de0011e2a0d522000a1f970a_101.mp4

4. reeseboy

reeseboy Android Enthusiast

Its an out of memory issue, nothing to do with the video playback fix. I made a ticket for it on the bugtracker - https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-1298. Go mark that you have the issue as well, it might help with getting it resolved.

If you try it first thing after a reboot it usually works.

The work around I've found is to go to settings > performance > memory management and check "Allow purging of assets" and "Kernel samepage merging". Reboot after that and you should have better results with 1080p video recording.

dspl1236 likes this.
  5. dspl1236

thanks but unfortunately there is no memory management section in the PACMAN rom...i'll check with one of my other apps for those settings

6. reeseboy

reeseboy Android Enthusiast

Bummer. I guess that also means you can't really add to my reported bug either.

7. dspl1236

well maybe I still can....PAC has CM parts in it... i know whatever issues are happening on CM10.1 carry over into PAC for the most part.

8. dspl1236

just flashed the 6/26 pac nightly and it seems to be working. it FC's if i make any setting changes, but now still allows me to get back in. ill keep an eye on it.

cm version is 10.1.1-RC0

9. dspl1236

also looks like there is a CM 6/26 nightly out as well...

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews