1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General [GAME][FREE] Ladybird Piano Game

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bobrokrol, Apr 3, 2016.

1. bobrokrol

bobrokrol Newbie
    None

[​IMG]
    It's very easy but addictive game! Just tap the white ladybirds to play music and don't tap black ones! Enjoy the greatest clasic and folk piano songs, train your fingers to be the best!
    Its Unique Piano Game(not a cheap clone of Piano Tiles)
    Google Play

Attached Files:

Advertisement

#1 bobrokrol, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Andrei Costache likes this.
  2. bobrokrol

bobrokrol Newbie
    None

[​IMG]

WHAT'S NEW in v1.4.6
    * New piano compositions added
    * Rating added

Andrei Costache likes this.
  3. pilot4

pilot4 Newbie
    None

Aug 20, 2015
    Male
    Thanks for sharing with us. It works perfect on Zenfone

4. zico848

zico848 Lurker
    None

Apr 14, 2016
    Male
  5. rzarich

rzarich Newbie
    None

Apr 14, 2016
    Male
    Ukraine
    Cool! Like Piano Tiles, but with ladybirds.

6. Beppis Apps

Beppis Apps Newbie
    None

Apr 14, 2016
    Male
    The game is pretty cool and well done, well calibrated.
    I think that you should make some effort in trying to reduce the size of the apk: 51MB is really a lot for a casual game and you will lose a lot of installs expecially on low end phones or secondary counties.
    Try compressing better the audio sounds or make them downloadable...

imatrofaylo and rzarich like this.
  7. bobrokrol

bobrokrol Newbie
    None

Yes I agree size is big enough I'll do most of the sounds downloadable later. Unfortunately it's not possible to compress them more becouse there is about 2000 sounds :) now. Piano Tiles 2 has about 100 but they use very simplified arrangements. My goal is to use otiginal calssic music and make it sound as close to original as possible. On real piano you play with 2 hands so it could be 10 notes simulationuasly and for fast songs it's about 200 notes per second it's not possible to play such big amount of sounds on current devices without freezes and lags so I do a lot of preprocessing to combine the sounds together so as result every song could have 100-400 unique sounds.

8. imatrofaylo

imatrofaylo No-Posting Probation
    None

Apr 16, 2016
    Male
    I like such type of games! Looks similar to Piano Tiles game.
    I'm just wondering what is competitive advantage of your game among other similar games that available on the market today, except of huge number of high-quality sounds?

9. bobrokrol

bobrokrol Newbie
    None

I've checked these games and I haven't found a lot of similar games. There is only few good games if you know others let me know. But most of them either cheap clones of Pano Tiles or something buggy with bad sounds and animation.
    I've seen only one good game - Piano Tiles 2(first in the list :)), but it has some disadvantages:
    * its adopted for tablets and IPads, it's hard or impossible play with one hand on phone
    * I tried to play it in headphones and it sounds more like cacophony
    * it's more about tapping not playing music. If you check youtube videoos of piano tiles 2 you can see how bad is result song. Yes it's enough for childs I guess but not enough for me :)

I don't try to clone piano tiles game this will be something unique. The first goal was to make good sound and smooth animation. I released its as it is already playalble but I have a lot of ideas about how to improve gameplay and open for suggestions. Thanks!

imatrofaylo likes this.
  10. imatrofaylo

imatrofaylo No-Posting Probation
    None

Apr 16, 2016
    Male
    Thank you for such constructive answer! I like it and recommend to include this insight into your market description. Let me play some time in your game, so I can came up with some constructive feedback.

BTW as I can see you built your game on top of Adobe AIR platform. We also using this platform for our games (e.g. here is our recent game - Quadro Puzzle). The quality of sounds in your game is really cool. Do you use any 3-d party extension (ANE) for sounds or it's managed by AIR? Thanks!

11. bobrokrol

bobrokrol Newbie
    None

Hi, I used this extention ANE-SOUNDS as template but I modifed code to invoke soundPool for loading and playing in another Thread. This project has veru usefull ANT build targets so you can easilly recompile ANE without figure outing in that terrible Adobe tutorials. But even without modifications it work better on Android than default as3 classes. Unfortunately this method has some disadvantages -- Android 5.0... has known bug with SoundPool -- when sounds loading into pool extreamely slow and if you have 10-20 sounds it's not a problem but if 100 - 200 it become a problem, for normal games it's possible to load sounds in separate thread as player don't need all of them when game starts but it's not my case so I will create another ANE later wich uses another library. There was suggested to use this library for sounds I think its not the only solution. By the way don't hesitate to write on Starling forum there is few trhread about this ANE and creators of Starling / Feathers answering very fast.

imatrofaylo likes this.
  12. Beppis Apps

Beppis Apps Newbie
    None

Apr 14, 2016
    Male
    If you include so many sounds, don't you think that a different approach would be better? For example, putting the mp3 of the complete song, instead of the single instruments, with "stop" marker where the user has to click.

13. Beppis Apps

Beppis Apps Newbie
    None

Apr 14, 2016
    Male
    Wait.... are you talking about "sounds" as different piano notes? You were talking of 2000 sounds and I thought at an orchestra, but then I realized we are talking about a single instrument.
    Generally a professional audio program has one sample every 3-5 notes and base-quality musical keyboard just have 2 samples for the entire extension of the keyboard! A sample for a phone quality can be 5Kb, not more, 22Khz mono, for a piano you don't need more than 100Kb of samples...

14. bobrokrol

bobrokrol Newbie
    None

It was the first or second idea:). But mp3 of complete song will have same weight even more as I can't reuse some chunks.
    Stop markers will not work as song is playing faster and faster, some sounds overlapped (each note has ~ 2 seconds), user can click faster or slower. Any real time processing of raw sound data will not work due to performance issues(sound should be played by native API it's only the way). As i said even simulatious playing of 2 notes and more produces freezes.

they just shift notes to produce other notes thats why few samples is enough. I can't use any realtime processing of audio in mobile application(I tried!).
    I can't use 22khs as it's may cause performance issues so I use 44khs. Anywhay single notes is not a problem
    piano has 84 notes, my note sound is ~ 16-24kb so it's 1.5mb for all notes. But I can't play single notes in melodies where for example 8 notes are playing simulatiously , there will be a huge freeze or in the cases when notes playing every 1-2 ms. Thats why I use propocessing to combine notes or note sequences for each song.

15. Beppis Apps

Beppis Apps Newbie
    None

Apr 14, 2016
    Male
    Are you sure? Long time ago I made RyZm that is a native java sequencer on android, and I made without big trouble multitrack audio with samples played at different speed to simulate different notes, please check it out!

16. bobrokrol

bobrokrol Newbie
    None

WHAT'S NEW in v1.4.7
    * many people complained about blinking background so I changed it.
    * performance optimizations
    * new song added
    * UI fixes

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. bobrokrol

bobrokrol Newbie
    None

Whats new in 1.4.8:
    • Added new piano tiles songs: "Pachelbel - Canon in D" "Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata" "For Elise - Ludwig van Beethoven" - easy tune chnaged to full version
    • Collectable hearts (lives). Now you have 3 hearts per song it's possible to collect them during the level
    • performance optimizations