• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Game Gripper arrives

Has anyone used it yet? Was curious to see how it performed.

Thanks in advance!

I got mine in the mail yesterday. I only had a few minutes to snap it on and try I but the right d-pad arrow key did not work. The key doesn't align itself over the "D" key properly so it doesn't make contact squarely, just the edge of the key. As a result, the d-pad is non functional. When I hae some more time, I'll figure a way to fix it. I have seen others complaining of the same issue, it looks like a design flaw. I would hold off until its addressed.

Upvote 0
I just got mine and have the same issue with the right D-Pad. It does not make contact.

I was able to get it to be functional: instead of installing it flush against the bottom of the opened screen, I moved it down a few millimeters. The D-Pad was fully operational at the expense of the two lowest buttons.

update:
Additionally it completely covers the headphone jack. There is a hole for the USB port but the hole is badly centered around the port. Moving the pad a few milli-meters down to get the right D-pad arrow functional results in the USB port being partially obstructed. I might fix it with a dremel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones