• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Game] Helm Knight

The_R

Jan 23, 2011
Helm Knight is a 2D side scrolling action/adventure platformer, named after the helmet-headed protagonist. Help Helm Knight defeat the evil tribe from taking control of the magic crystals and bringing chaos to the lands.

Guide Helm Knight through 15 challenging levels by helping him run, jump, hack, slash and cast magic to avoid the various dangers that await him and secure the crystals to save the lands.

Fight different types of enemies which include goo-monsters, snakes, carnivorous plants, blobs, ice monsters and the evil tribal warriors.

Collect potions to replenish health and magic points.Collect gold coins to unlock spells like fire, poison and snow and make Helm Knight strong enough for the final showdown against the evil lord of the tribals. An option for tilt controls has also been included in case you experience trouble with multitouch on your phone.

Video:

New Android App - Helm Knight (Gameplay Video) - YouTube

Get it for free from the Android Market. Please rate and comment.

Market Links:

market://details?id=rnarang.android.games.helmknight

https://market.android.com/details?i...mes.helmknight

I've posted an update to Helm Knight on the market.

1) The buttons have been scaled down.
2) Added a continue button on the level complete window which takes you to the next level
3) Buttons now cause vibration on touch

I'd really appreciate some feedback. Thanks

Hah! I downloaded it the other day but just started playing it about 30 minutes ago and I was thinking "I wish there was a 'continue' button". So, downloading the update now. I like it so far, runs very smooth and is fun to play, not very far into it but it looks like you did a good job!

Edit: Is there a way to turn the vibration off? I couldn't find a setting.

Reactions: The_R
Upvote 0
Removed vibration in the latest update. Everyone seemed to dislike vibration

Oh great! Downloading the update now. I think it was just kind of overkill having it vibrate on every press, plus it was a bigger battery drain. If you felt like it you could mess around with making it just vibrate when you got hit, or hit someone, something like that. Anyway, thank you for the update!

Upvote 0
Looks fun! I'll try it!

Will be waiting for your feedback :)

Pretty cool. Just needs more levels which your probably working on, for now just change the church music during game play..lol

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I'll be working on more levels if I get a better response for the game.
Although I'm not exactly religious, church music fits perfectly while you are beating up random monsters and collecting gold coins :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones