1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Game Saves, titanium backup, and Android 4.3

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by TheColdOne, Jan 15, 2014.

1. TheColdOne

TheColdOne Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    I've noticed specifically since updating to 4.3 on my Galaxy S4 that restoring save files to Square Enix games no longer works. Specifically, when I restore data to Final Fantasy Dimensions and Final Fantasy V, I can resume from my save, but get a "save failed" message when I try to save the game.

I've noticed this with a couple other games, but only a few specific titles. For some reason they are unable to save progress if I restore a previous save, but work fine if I just install and start from scratch. Though if I restore to my tablet (4.3, and recently 4.4), the games work just fine and are able to save.

Is this specifically a Galaxy S4 issue? Is there a jump to 4.3 that messes with app data and restoring from a backup?

(Also, this is the closest forum I could find for this discussion, and could not find other people with this specific issue).

If all else fails, I was planning on getting a Nexus 5 soon and can probably just restore the games to that and have them work fine. I would rather not have to replay the cumulative 35+ hours of game that I have in those saves.

I just needed to get this out and see if there was a chance anyone else has seen issues like this.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    There appears to be a problem with the 4.3 update, more so with the S3, but the S4 has its share of them too. Devices that come with 4.3 don't seem to suffer these bugs. But with the S3 and S4, everyone gets different bugs.