1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[GAME] Starstruck - BETA

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by diobrando, Aug 22, 2011.

1. diobrando

diobrando Newbie
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Hi guys!

We're looking for people to try out our game and test it on their android phones. It's still in beta, so we would like your feedback about the game as well as report any bugs if they are found. Here's our site for the game:

STARSTRUCK

You can also get the game via GetJar. Either by clicking on the link:
    GetJar - StarStruck

Or scanning the QRCode below:
    [​IMG]

The download links, as well as screenshots/footage of the game can be found in the site. The game's APK can be downloaded for free ofcourse. Thank you and enjoy the game!! :D

Advertisement

2. diobrando

diobrando Newbie
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Was anyone able to try the game? :)

3. diobrando

diobrando Newbie
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Anyway, here are some screenshots of the game:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Currently working on getting the APK of the game available on GetJar, so that people can download it easier. :)

4. GamerCore

GamerCore Android Enthusiast

Why no Android Market release?? o_O

5. diobrando

diobrando Newbie
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    We WILL be releasing the full version of the game on the Android Market. However, my boss wanted the game to be tested first during the beta and have the beta's APK released on other sites (we are actively working on getting it up on GetJar at the moment aside from the site) so that users can easily have the game installed in their phones.

Don't worry, once we are able to get enough feedback during the beta and have the game polished enough, we will be releasing the game on the Android Market (a free demo version of the game as well as a retail version of the game which will be available for only $0.99). Until then, we highly encourage you guys to download it and try it out. Have you tried the game BTW? What are your thoughts about it? :)

6. diobrando

diobrando Newbie
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Bump again! Anyway, we are able to finally get the game available up on GetJar. Here's the link:

GetJar | Mobile |

Also, we also have the trailer of the game available as well. First unveiled during the IGDA (Independent Game Developers Association) Manila chapter meet-up, we now have the trailer up on YouTube. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQLMI1gnZ6M

Thanks and enjoy the game! :D

7. diobrando

diobrando Newbie
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    We now have a QRCode for the GetJar link of the game to easily download the game onto your Android phone. Scan the QRCode below:
    [​IMG]

8. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    Droid X2, 2.3, rooted, bootstrapped. It freezes on the screen that says "Take 1" for me.

9. Lance01

Lance01 Lurker
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    The .apk downloaded successfully after scanning the QR code (so far, so good), and the game opened correctly (albeit slowly). The main menu was slow to respond but contained a fairly well thought-out user interface. I selected "Story Mode" to begin my adventure, and was brought to a tutorial screen. The interface was again slow but well designed. There were a few typos in the tutorial text that needed to be fixed (mainly confusion over "it's" and "its") but the explanations were adequate and concise. Unfortunately, they also scrolled to quickly for the average person to read. I recommend changing the scroll screed to about half the current speed. Lastly, the game then froze after finishing the tutorial screen.

System: Motorola Atrix (AT&T) running Android 2.3.4.
    Main Error(s): Frozen screen at begin of round one, typos at tutorial screen, text scroll speed too high at tutorial screen

Link: (withheld by new member status...my apologies)

Update: Despite multiple frustrating attempts over different browsers, I was unable to submit feedback to the developer of Starstruck using their own feedback links provided in link above. Therefore, additional info must be added here:

System: ASUS G74SX-A1 running Windows 7 64-bit
    Main Error(s): Screen freezes immediately after clicking either link for submit feedback (via email or direct post). Loading icon continues to spin yet nothing occurs. Embedded YouTube video stays on top of screen (including feedback window) in Google Chrome but not in Internet Explorer.

diobrando likes this.
  10. diobrando

diobrando Newbie
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Hello!! Thank you so much for the very detailed feedback. We've collected most of the feedback about the freezing issues and we are currently working on getting that resolved. As for the tutorial, we are actually improving it even more so that it would be a much more informative and better tutorial overall. :D

11. diobrando

diobrando Newbie
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    I would like to thank you guys for testing and giving such great feedback about the game as well as finding problems with it. I'm pleased to announce that our game has finally hit the Android Market and is now available for free!! You can check the link out via the latest thread for it: http://androidforums.com/android-games/448801-free-game-starstruck.html