• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Game] We Didn't Start The Fire

Simpleton2

Lurker
Aug 29, 2011
Hey guys - I made a game this past week called "We Didn't Start The Fire" and recently have put the finishing touches on a new movement system and populating the blocks with a forest.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jae.firestarter

It's not really similar to other games so I can't say much to describe it in terms of that. If you're wondering I made it in andengine. If anyone would like to review it, you are welcome to.

You move around the screen putting out fires to prevent a certain number from forming before the timer runs out. Also, there's survival mode.

Description:

1.1 - New Version & Major Game Changes - Check it out

How to Play:
You Win When The Timer Runs Out.

Over time, "fires" spawn as red spaces. Every fire continuously spawns more around it. In addition, several fires spawn in six second intervals. After 18 seconds, a fire space becomes black and permanently counts against your total (but ceases to spawn fires).

To win, click on spaces to "douse" them with water - putting out any fire in that space. Keep the number of fires + dead spaces beneath the maximum until the time limit.

------------------------------------------------------------

Put out as many fires as you can to keep yourself alive! Keep down the flames and survive until rain comes.

Your goal is to stay alive until the time runs out. Fires spawn all around and you have to scroll and click to put them out. Multiple difficulty levels exist including an infinite mode called "Survivor".

This game was made using Andengine.
FireBurning sound by Jaba

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones