• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameboid (GBA Emulator)

Ok, so i have read this entire thread and watched the youtube vids, but still can't get this to work
I have the emulator, and i have the bios bin file saved on phone. I have done the settings to add the bios.
Now i am stuck
I've downloaded a few game roms, but can't get any to play. It comes up "filetype gba not found" when i select them
I'm guessing i either have duff roms or am saving them in the wrong format
Any ideas?
thanks

Upvote 0
Ok, so i have read this entire thread and watched the youtube vids, but still can't get this to work
I have the emulator, and i have the bios bin file saved on phone. I have done the settings to add the bios.
Now i am stuck
I've downloaded a few game roms, but can't get any to play. It comes up "filetype gba not found" when i select them
I'm guessing i either have duff roms or am saving them in the wrong format
Any ideas?
thanks

How are you opening the files? you should open gameboid, navagate to your rom (most of mine are zip files) and just click to open. I can open both .gba and .zip files with no issues.

Reactions: kizkiz
Upvote 0
How are you opening the files? you should open gameboid, navagate to your rom (most of mine are zip files) and just click to open. I can open both .gba and .zip files with no issues.

That's what i was doing, and kept getting the same result.
I downloaded rom gripper and found that they open if selected through that, so i've managed to solve the problem.
Still a bit odd, as i'm sure it should work just by selecting the file

thanks for the reply

Upvote 0
That's what i was doing, and kept getting the same result.
I downloaded rom gripper and found that they open if selected through that, so i've managed to solve the problem.
Still a bit odd, as i'm sure it should work just by selecting the file

thanks for the reply

It works for me opening from the app, and via rom gripper. Try using the bios file available in rom gripper.

Upvote 0
Are there any good emulators for free? and can somebody email me what the bios is and how to get it, because I can't use the GBA app because i need to get bios.

I use Gamboid Free since I don't care about saved states the ingame save is good enough for me.

BIOS
Download ROM Gripper it has the BIOS + tons of games for all phone emus

Get it quick because it was removed from the market could get lost again.

Upvote 0
I use Gamboid Free since I don't care about saved states the ingame save is good enough for me.

BIOS
Download ROM Gripper it has the BIOS + tons of games for all phone emus

ROM Gripper 2.1.0.1.apk - From XDA dev site

Get it quick because it was removed from the market could get lost again.

Didn't work for my Eris, don't know if I did it wrong or what.

Upvote 0
Its been brought to my attention RomGripper like all other rom apps for android have been pulled from use possibly because of copyright issues but there are tons of websites for locating roms and they will usually have a copy of the bios.

If you desperatly can't find a copy of the bios email me any I can help you out. But AndroidForums wants no part of anything that may currently be under copyright investigation.

Upvote 0
I've found a couple that work most dont.
1. If the code requires a Master Code all lines of this code must be enabled
2. Try the codes 1 at a time the gameshark codes are matched to a master code so make sure you have the proper master code for the cheat your using
3. If a code doesn't work as stated it propably doesnt work. Alot of the codes dont unfortunatly

Upvote 0
So I am having an issue with Golden Sun. I originally had Tiger GBA which worked great and was free, but golden sun was having an issue with the mercury djinn, and I heard that gameboid fixed that issue, so I bought it. I went to load my game and it wont load, it will only load the saved game from gameboid [deleted], I just restarted the game last night, now I might have to do it again? Hopefully someone can help me, and I HOPE gameboid will allow me to play this or else I will be mad for wasting time and money if it's not going to work.

Upvote 0
Hi all, I have just downloaded the emulator and loaded in the golden sun rom. everything works fine until whenever I tried to summon 3 or more mercury dijinn (boreas and forgot whats the other one called)

Is this a common problem or should I redwonload another rom to try? But in doing so, will it affects my save.

need some advice here. Thanks in adv.

I also see this problem. Does anyone know a way to fix it?

Upvote 0
I used to use the free app, loved it, wanted save states (was starting up Fire Emblem and wanted to savescum the arena and levelups and stuff), so I bought the full version.
Recently had to factory reset my phone due to glitching the startup processes by having to force-poweroff due to a hang. Going through reclaiming all of my apps, and now I can't find this one at all. Not only has GameBoid vanished, but so has, it seems, all of yongzh's apps.
Anybody know what's up and/or how I can get this gem back?

Oh, and as to AR and other cheat programs
Just put the codes in the built-in cheat thing, the emulator itself supports most of them.

Upvote 0
I used to use the free app, loved it, wanted save states (was starting up Fire Emblem and wanted to savescum the arena and levelups and stuff), so I bought the full version.
Recently had to factory reset my phone due to glitching the startup processes by having to force-poweroff due to a hang. Going through reclaiming all of my apps, and now I can't find this one at all. Not only has GameBoid vanished, but so has, it seems, all of yongzh's apps.
Anybody know what's up and/or how I can get this gem back?

Oh, and as to AR and other cheat programs
Just put the codes in the built-in cheat thing, the emulator itself supports most of them.

i am having the same problem, but i downloaded another app called GBA Emulator, but i cant open any roms .zip or .gba from my computer or from rom apps:thinking:. the only roms that worked for me was from rom gripper, but the servers are down on that and have been for a while. someone pls help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones