1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Gameboid won't load or save state from one special game

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by kur0t0ri, Jun 14, 2013.

1. kur0t0ri

kur0t0ri Lurker
    None

Jun 14, 2013
    I have a huge problem. Yesterday I played The Legend Of Zelda - The Minish Cap on my Gameboid (2.4.7) emu and everything went fine. I saved the game as a Quick state and in Slot1. Today I wanted to carry on playing but suddenly Gameboid would load the start screen of the game instead of loading the Quick state. I tried to load the Quick state and Slot1 but it didn't work, although the screenshots of my saves were there. Also I couldn't save the new game I started (because I wanted to try out if saving works)
    The strange thing is that all the other roms work. Saving and loading the files works perfectly with other roms. Only The Minish Cap won't work. I tried to reset the rom and to restart gameboid several times but nothing would change except that after restarting I couldn't see the screenshots of the savestates anymore, only the exact date when I last saved.

Now I checked the sav files. In the folder there was one sav file with 8KB and a SS0 and a SS1 file with 0KB. I know that my states are probably gone because the files should be way larger. But what I would like to know is 1) why did this happen? does anyone have a clue? and 2) why do the savestates still have the exact date when I saved but not the data?

thanks for your answers.

Advertisement

2. jstinger9489

jstinger9489 Newbie
    None

May 9, 2013
    Male
    Telecommunications Tower Technician
    Louisville, Ky
    When you go to load the game, are you loading a .gba or a .zip?