• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Gamedev. Unstable FPS when you don’t touch the screen

Hello friends!
Previously sorry for my bad english.

This is the second time i try to make a game. The first time i abandoned.
I spent a lot of time to get a stable animation/rendering of my game. I tried to use canvas with SurfaceView, i tried to use gles 2.0 with GLSurfaceView, different game loops. the animation was always not very stable. I tried many things until i noticed, that everything gets very good and smooth only when i actively touch the screen. As I understand, if you don't touch the screen, OS start reduces performance. If you remove your finger for a second from the screen, app starting something like "frame drop", and its not beautiful.

How can i fix it, and get always good performance?
Please, help me.
I can't take it anymore =)))

P.S:
I don't want to use any engines / frameworks

Update:
If i run new separate Thread wich contains for example endless cycles with useless calculations - my app looks more stable. But it is not good solution.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones