• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameloft Advent Calendar offers free iPhone, Android games until Christmas

I get the same thing every single time...the blank page saying my device isnt supported at all...

bit of a damn farce really and such a hassle as well...you have to have twitter to get the link..thats just tacky..how hard is just a simple site update?

I dont have twitter (this is actually the first time ive ever been on the site) and all I did was google Twitter gameloft, and follow the download link, it obviously wont work now since it has expired.

Upvote 0
Shamelessly stolen from another forum:

583887.png
469201.png

December 1st :
Driver (iOS) Free (regular price $4.99) *Deal Expired

Time Geeks: Find All! (iOS) Free (regular price $0.99) *Deal Expired

142956.png
watch_icon.jpg

December 2nd :
Sailboat Championship Pro (iOS) Free (regular price $2.99) *Deal Expired(iOS) Free

464211.png
899071.png

December 3rd:
Fumes Stunt Racer (iOS) Free (regular price $1.99)
Dungeon Hunter HD (Android) Free (regular price $4.99)[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
No, they are busy releasing the lousiest trailers of all time.
This is what we get today, a trailer of some dbags:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3A2Yabrww8

I have to agree, despite Dungeon Hunter being quite a good game, this is hardly the super-duper daily giveaway that Gameloft suggested. Trailers for games do not count as free gifts. That is essentially the equivalent of a picture of a bag of sweets.

Upvote 0
That is essentially the equivalent of a picture of a bag of sweets.

That video is the equivalent of a picture of a bag of crap.

If they don't want to give stuff out, that's fine. They shouldn't package dumb videos and announcements as if they had value. If I give someone a snotty Kleenex, is it really a gift?

Upvote 0
I havent seen a free game since they gave they gave away dungeon hunter and that game is way too easy and short, you do the same thing on each level, glad I didnt pay for it
I played it for about five minutes and uninstalled it. It was pretty, but it was repetitive and only single player. Pocket Legends is much better. I appreciate the freebie, but it just wasn't good.

Upvote 0
Ya, that's been the only thing for Android. iPhones have gotten five free games and several discounted games, I believe. The videos and trailers are lame and as you said, hardly count as a give away item. On top of that, all of the trailers are for upcoming iPhone games...not one of those games is being made for Android (not in the forseable future at least).

Upvote 0
i have a new EVO...

just tried...at:
Top Android Games, Download HD Games for Android - Gameloft

it sent me a text message.. with link.
I clicked on link... took me to their webpage...it advertise all their games for the EVO. The game that was to be for free: Ultimate Spiderman total mayhem.. was for $4.99.

where is the free game??? what am I missing?

I just tried it too. The link just takes me the list of games for sale. Nothing Free.

I think it's lame that Gameloft offered a total of ONE free game for Android for the month of Decemember when they kept saying on twitter they there's going to be all these free games this month.

Upvote 0
I emailed customer service telling them Dungeon Hunter was incompatible with my Desire HD (wouldn't let me download it - phone not supported), so they let me choose from Let's Golf HD and Hero of Sparta HD for free! Quite nice of them. I did indeed get my free game after a couple of days: I chose the Sparta one. This was one or two weeks back though, obviously... so don't expect to just get a free game if you email them. Wait until the next free game offer, and if it's not compatible with your phone, then you can email them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones