• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The majority only use 300 megs or so, I downloaded a bunch yesterday.

I am at 140 apps with 4 from GL and still have 3.33GB free so it doesn't seem to a problem as long as you have an SD card for your music/pics and stuff.

The good ones are around 1-2GB, I've only got two installed and they take up 3.8GB.

It is a problem, I ran out of space on my S4 within an hour of unboxing the phone, there are no images or videos on the internal storage, just apps and games.

I try to keep around 500MB free, so to install any recent Gameloft games I have to remove one first.

Upvote 0
The majority only use 300 megs or so, I downloaded a bunch yesterday.

I am at 140 apps with 4 from GL and still have 3.33GB free so it doesn't seem to a problem as long as you have an SD card for your music/pics and stuff.

But you have 3.3gb free- now. A new device already down to 3.3gb, which is really less than that, since Android needs a floor to update apps and function smoothly. Depending on what app you try to update, you will start to see updating errors at 1gb free and lag issues shortly after that.

Upvote 0
This is where Gameloft should make the main APK file small and then download the rest of the game data as a separate binary package. And obviously, choose the external MicroSD card as the storage device to store that data.

Making an APK file that big can't be good.

That used to be an option, but was removed for the same reason apps2sd was. People would swap cards or use cheap cards and then complain either the app was screwed up or the device itself. All data must be installed to the internal storage.

Upvote 0
That can't be right, there are some map programs out there that you can get that download a separate piece of data and it places it in a folder located on the SDCard. It wouldn't be hard to put something in there to detect the external MicroSD card.

Not the same thing as protected app data and the devs that makes them and have to field customer complaints along with Android. Gameloft follows Android's script install expectations for a reason.

If a dev wants to take the risk, good for them. Their risk.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones