1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gameloft Let's Golf 2 HD support

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adampsyreal, Jul 20, 2011.

1. adampsyreal

adampsyreal Lurker
    None

Oct 14, 2010
    So, my buddy and I found a bug in "Let's Golf 2 HD" for Xperia Play by Gameloft. During a LOCAL (ad-hoc) multiplayer "Match"-type game between two phones, with default players on the default golf course; the game will freeze up after a few holes and we have to force quit the game.

This is Gameloft's response:
    "I suggest that you contact your Internet provider to check if the connection is stable. Besides please ask him to check if all the ports used in the game are open."

My response to that was:
    "We play on a LOCAL network. What ports are required to be open? This problem is always during match play. Default character with default course. It should be easy to reproduce all the bugs I have found. What version number of this game is on the Gameloft.com website for Xperia Play?"

Gameloft's response to that was:
    "Unfortunately, I can't tell you the exact name of the ports which should be open since it's not the same ones in different games.
    Just ask you provider to make sure that the game could use the internet access without any restriction. Your Internet provide could figure it out easily.
    Concerning your question about the game version, it's 1.0.2 now."

- AD-HOC CONNECTIONS DO NOT REQUIRE A WIFI INFRASTRUCTURE. –LET ALONE A WIDE AREA CONNECTION FROM AN INTERNET PROVIDER.
    NETWORK PORTS USE NUMBERS –NAMES ARE OPTIONAL.
    WHY WOULD ANYONE MAKE A CELL PHONE GAME THAT REQUIRES PORTS TO BE OPENED?

=I THINK I AM CORRESPONDING WITH THE WRONG PERSON ON THIS TECHNICAL ISSUE…

Advertisement

2. dewalist

dewalist Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Connecticut
    That is classic tech support funniness! Maybe their usual tech person was out for the day and they grabbed someone from the mail room to fill in...