1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gameloft on Evo no Wifi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aznmode, Feb 23, 2011.

1. aznmode

aznmode Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    I posted this in the game forum but thought it might be Evo specific so I'm posting here as well, but it seems some Gameloft games in particular the newer ones do not allow wifi or local network game play in multiplayer. The only options is to play online outside your network. My roommate and I have been playing Sandstorm against each other which had both options on our phones. He has a Samsung Fascinate. But we bought Modern Combat 2 and Golf 2 so far and his phone has wifi option on both games but I only have online play so we can't play against each other. Another member reported Shrek racing also has this limit. So just FYI before you buy any Gameloft games if you are planning to multi-play with your friends. So bummed...I have bought so many games from them already.

Advertisement

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    Have you confirmed this by contacting gameloft?

3. aznmode

aznmode Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    No I havent but a member on the gameloft forum posted the same issue on his HTC Desire. And the member here who posted about the Shrek game said no wifi on his sister and brother inlaws Evo and Evo shift while he has a Moto droid and has that option. So I assume this is how it is on HTC devices.

Gameloft answered that post by saying they sent a PM to the OP but never confirmed the answer on the post. Doesn't sound like they want to publicly announce it.

http://forum.gameloft.com/index.php/topic,8094.0.html

http://androidforums.com/2326622-post4.html

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    gotcha...i'd prolly send them a direct communication just to see what their official answer is

then you can post it here :p

Tags: