1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Gameloft Question

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Amaeloeze, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Amaeloeze

Amaeloeze Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Is there a way to get gameloft games to work on a phone that they don't support? rooted or not rooted? I have a Samsung transform ultra i'm able to run games like GTA 3, Deadspace, and Shadown gun without any hiccups. The phone has a 1 gig snap dragon and 1 gig internal memory so i know it it can handle gameloft games, but the thing is that they don't support my phone, i cant log onto their website to make purchases on my phone. Is there a way to bypass their restrictions?

Advertisement

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    You can, and quite easily, but you run the risk of buying a game that may not work on your device. Gameloft designs their games to work for specific hardware. So, if you want to increase how many games are available to you, go to the Gameloft site with your device (User Agent set to mobile) and it'll show you what is available with your device. At the bottom, it tells you what your device was detected as. Click that and change it to whatever device you want.

Just be careful. If you pick a device that doesn't have similar hardware to yours, you run the risk of buying a game that doesn't work for your device.

Personally, I have lost all interest in Gameloft games that are not put on the Market. The ones on the Market are compatible with more devices than the ones on the website.

3. MRW1215

MRW1215 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    What I'm curious about Gameloft is, why aren't the rest of their games on the Android Market? Why is stuff like Eternal Legacy, and Sacred Odyssey only available through their website? Also, how good is Gameloft with updating their games to be compatible with newer devices? For instance, I have a Galaxy Nexus, and only a handful of the games are compatible with it through their website.

4. trd360

trd360 Member
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    I have the same issue. Is there ANY way to get past the Error screen though without risking getting a version that is completely different from mine?

5. trd360

trd360 Member
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    I tried this with Brothers In Arms (free version) with multiple phones and it didn't work. It still says it isn't compatible with my device.