1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Gameloft Support has gotten worse!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by nerdstaz, Sep 14, 2011.

1. nerdstaz

nerdstaz Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    I guess I am done buying gameloft games. I switched from an X to the Thunderbolt, and they sent me replacement games since the games I wanted didn't support my phone.

Now, I have the bionic. I simply asked for the same APKs to be re-sent to the same phone number.

Here was the response I received:

Something to keep in mind before getting involved with their horrid market techniques. These were not the same terms I agreed to. Their terms used to state "As long as you keep the same phone number".

Advertisement

2. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    Did you reply that they have lost a customer for life? I mean, how are they preventing piracy? You still have the same number! They need to take a class on making loyal customers.

I have decided to stop spending money on Gameloft games for a different reason. I am sick of being coddled with rpgs. I do NOT need an arrow constantly pointing to the next goal. To me, it defeats the purpose of an rpg. It gives you no chance to figure anything out for yourself.

3. nerdstaz

nerdstaz Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009

I agree with this point as well. And yes, I did tell them they lost a customer for life. I won't let anyone in my household purchase their stuff any longer.

But as far as the other stuff goes, it's annoying that most games are taking the "Quest Helper" way with RPGs. It takes the sense of exploration and adds a sense of duty instead "Must follow arrows". I liked discovering things or running to the wrong areas and dying....or accidentally defeating something without the proper tools. Our youth won't know what a challenge in an RPG is!

Are there any RPGs on Android that don't hold your hand?

4. TheCompBoy

TheCompBoy Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    Programmer
    Sweden
    Oh.. Never knew that Gameloft could be this rotten..

5. solar3137

solar3137 Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    I'm visiting your thread since you sent a link. ;) I just wanted to add that this isn't an isolated incident for the people in this thread. Same thing has happened to me and i'm sure many others. You pay for a game, but basically can only use it until they say you can't? can't reinstall on a new phone? can't redownload after a certain date? can't redownload if your number changes? BS