• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameloft's RealFootball

Mostly Harmless

Android Expert
Apr 15, 2010
New York
I recently purchased RealFootball from Gameloft for my N1 and would like to share my experience with my fellow N1 users. A few months ago Gameloft received some bad press. From what I read they deserved it because they were selling games that did not work and refused to honor returns. It seems there attitudes have changed since then and I decided to give one of their games a shot.

Game play:

I am an American citizen and I have never been into soccer. I have never played it or watched it, until recently. With that out of the way: I got caught up in the World Cup crazy this year and found out that I actually really do enjoy watching the games. Since then I have been trying to learn more about the sport and I figure what better way then to buy a game and play. Being a noob with soccer I cannot comment on how well Gameloft implements the rules, tactics, etc into this game. But I can say this game is addicting. It is a fast pace game and allows you to customize play through teams, players, time, weather, field setup and playing field. If you are in the mood to play a quick game there is exhibition games but if you are interested in seeing how well you stack up in league there is plenty of that. The game has a ton of different leagues to play from all over the world. There are also a lot of teams, certainly a lot more then I knew about. Each team and player has their strengths and weaknesses which can help or really hurt you.

Controls:

The control layout it pretty simple. There is a directional pad and two buttons. The directional can get in the way and be a pain specially if there is action on the bottom of the screen. There are also commands that come from the way you touch the screen or buttons themselves, I highly recommend running through the training, both basic and advance to take full advantage of what these controls offer. The controls work well on the N1, not great, but well. Since the directional and two buttons are located on the same horizontal plane there is a bit of funkiness with the controls. It doesn

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones