1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GamePad for Nexus Player for $39.99 in Play Store.

Discussion in 'Nexus Player' started by Rob, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Phandroid Staff Thread Starter

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. galfert

galfert Newbie

I ordered one. I contemplated a second. But what games need a second controller?

3. sniperfox47

sniperfox47 Newbie

Emulators? Don't you wanna play Perfect Dark in dual-controller mode like a baws? xD

I'll be interested to see how they connect. If they support Bluetooth or USB HID I'll probably pick one up for my nexus 7/9/10. If not and they connect through WiFi direct I might try my hand at making a userspace driver for them :D

4. marctronixx

two controllers have shipped. should have them tomorrow.

but, no nexus player yet (ordered two)... ;)

5. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Android Enthusiast

You connect Gamepads through the Nexus Player's setup screen. After choosing Add Device, you press the power button on the Gamepad and the connection is made using Bluetooth. I only have one controller but there are four blue LEDs on it. When I turn it on, only the first one lights. Last night I played Badland (cooler spin on Flappy Bird and uses the regular remote), Riptide GP2 (also used the remote and costs $1.99), and Beach Buggy Racing (free and works great with the Gamepad- I really like this game).

Gamepads are back in stock in the Play store and I am considering buying one or two more. Anyone found a lower price?

6. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User

So, can we use this game pad with our nexus 7 to play other games?

7. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Android Enthusiast

Interesting idea. While shopping around for a lower price on the Gamepad I did see similar controllers for use with Android tablets and phones.

This one for $29.99 has mostly good reviews and people reporting it working well with Google TV. The write-up makes the Bluetooth connection process sound similar to what I experienced with the ASUS Gamepad on my Nexus Player. I am starting to believe your idea may work and it may be possible to use other controllers with the Nexus Player. Anyone? Bueller?