• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gamers Door Bell

crazyjuk

Lurker
Aug 8, 2014
I dont know if anyone could/would make this, I would if I could but I can't.

Concept. a one push android widget that will instantly either play a sound or display a non obstructive image on a certain pc on the same wifi network belonging to the headset wearing pc gamer.

reason. so a gamer knows that someone in the house wants his/her attention.

out come. could save people repeatedly yelling or banging on the ceiling with a broom handle to get the gamers attention

can reduce stress of the unsuccessful yeller and possibly prevent explosive situations.

Yes its absolutely possible but it is hard to justify making it when there are already an infinite amount of ways to communicate between phone and PC.

You could just use Skype for example. If the person on the PC sets up a custom sound for notifications from you then when you contact them through Skype on your phone they will hear the "gamers doorbell."

Am I missing something?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.

I really need to have the communication made by a one click widget/button.

even if it used an existing app and could be set to send even just a smiley or a buzz instantly via that one click to the chosen contact that would be fine.

but I can not find a once click solution.
other than buying a wireless doorbell system or a remote controlled light switch etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones