• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Games & Emulators

entropy26

Jan 13, 2010
My roommate has an iPhone 3GS and while I'm a huge advocate of Android and will continue to use it in future phones you really can't deny that they have a much better gaming market. Of course they've been around far longer than Android and have way more developers but Android does have one leg up and that's the awesome emulators!

I tried the NES emulator once and didn't have much luck with it... I'd be willing to pay for the full app if I knew it would run well on my phone. I just wanted to know if anybody has the app and if it runs smooth on their eris? I know we don't exactly have the power/speed of the droid or incredible or anything... Also, how do the games play? I remember before having problems with multi touch controls... Anyone using these emulators with success?

I have the demo version of Nesoid and SNesoid and they seem to work fine on the Eris, as far as framerate go. However, the onscreen controls are so-so... the buttons are small and though there is multi-touch implemented, it does not work as flawlessly as on the iPhone (if you jailbreak there are emulators for iPhone OS.) I heard some rumors that there may be a way to use a WiiMote as a bluetooth controller, that would make the experience much more enjoyable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones