1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

games end suddenly in Words with Friends

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Mehidk, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Mehidk

Mehidk Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    Is anyone else having issues with wwf where a game would just suddenly disappear and when you scroll down, your game looked like it ended but it has a red circle with a slash through it? I looked at the blog and it told me to reinstall..which I did but more games started having the red slash. Not only that but with one game that I have with my friends...I played a few letters then her game disappeared and when I looked at thed finished games, hers was just a gray box and her name didn't even show up. I've tried reinstalling about 10 times between yesterday and today and it doesn't get any better.

I get that the game is still buggy but you'd think they would have had another update by now. Oh and I have the mytouch 3g slide. And my phone isn't rooted either.

Advertisement

2. rhodesmk

rhodesmk Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    I've had games disappear, too, and don't know how to get around that.

But I also have another, but similar, problem.

I am in the middle of a game with a friend, she plays a letter and submits, but it never shows on my side. So far (this time) I have waited four days. Today at work, we both opened the game...mine says it's her turn, hers says it's my turn. I'm on a CLIQ, she's on an iPhone.

This has happened twice before. I eventually just resigned the game and we started a new one.

Thoughts??

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    Have not had that happen, thank God. But I have all the other WWF problems for sure.
    Maybe a list of phones that are experiencing that problem would help.

Droid X and DO NOT have that problem.

4. Fleming36

Fleming36 Lurker
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    Business
    Victoria
    It didn't happen to me yet and I am not facing any problem while playing wwf on my phone..I guess you need to reinstall the game for proper working... 3d mobile

5. gutilp41

gutilp41 Lurker
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    I have had the same problem where it says that its each others turn.. When we started a new game she entered a new word both games started to work.

I have an EVO

6. will_coops

will_coops Lurker
    None

Apr 1, 2011
    so i am running a legend with 2.2. i have had the same problem of games disappearing for no reason. I went to 'settings' -> 'applications' and cleared all of the data from the wwf app, when i reopened and logged in all the games were back, and so far i have been able to continue them. hope this helps and was not just a one off,

7. bigbadwulff

None

Jun 15, 2010
    Droid X. No real problems. Then again I have never updated the game. Actually when I go to the Market, it shows I don't even have the game loaded :) I will not update the game until I see positive comments in the Market or on here that they have fixed the game for good.

8. GMArthur

GMArthur Newbie
    None

Oct 3, 2010
    I wrench on stuff
    Hubbard
    Wordfeud is leaps and bounds better than Words with Friends. I got an email yesterday from the developer and he said the iOS version should be out any day now as it is just waiting on final approval from Apple. Once it is released for iOS and you can play cross platform with your iPhone friends there will be no reason to put up with WwF anymore as the only reason it is on my phone is cross platform gaming.

Get Wordfeud installed for Android-Android gaming and just put up with the glitchy WwF android experience for a bit longer. I think the amount of ad revenue for WwF will sink like a stone as soon as Wordfeud goes cross platform.

9. r2dtard

r2dtard Lurker
    None

Apr 4, 2011
    Student
    Chapel Hill, NC
    i played WWF on my droid 2 but it kept crashing constantly. I have also read in numerous places that this is a frequent problem and that this company is notorious for sharing your information (email address and phone number) with the sponsors advertised in the free version. deleted it and will be trying wordfeud.

10. bigbadwulff

None

Jun 15, 2010
    Wordfeud is on i-Phone now.

11. sibersong

sibersong Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Having same problems: 1) Games totally disappearing; 2) Words disappearing so if 1 person plays a word, it doesn't show on my gameboard so it acts as if its the other person's turn and neither of us can make any further moves. WordFeud hasn't had any of these problems.

12. mrs.mendoza

mrs.mendoza Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    hello..i'm new to the sanyo zio cricket cell phone. i just downloaded the game,words with friends and well,i can't seem to log back into my account i had created.ive only played one word yesterday,and was waiting for my friend to move,she told me she had hours ago,sooo i'm sitting there like a idiot trying to play my word,but it wouldnt let me..:thinking:

13. debrashaw

debrashaw Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    My games disappear some of the time but most of the time I am not able to submit a play even though it is my turn. Sometimes, my placed word just falls off the board. Then I am not able to resign from these games and they're like clutter. I like playing so much that I keep trying and just hope I can get through like one in five games without it crashing! I have a Galaxy Tablet from Samsung. I didn't have ANY problems when I had an iPad.