• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Games] GAMEVIL

Baseball Superstars 2010 v1.0.8 update is now available.

What's new in this update:
- Google Licensing server implementation has been tweaked. For some of the users who have been having issues with authorizing with Google's Licensing server, this new patch will delay the authorization from immediate to 25 hours later.

FYI, users who are having issues with authorizing through Licensing server should simply click on "Buy" and this may trigger it. You won't be charged again if you are using the same Google account.

Upvote 0
this is one of the reasons why android gaming is really below average, and there's no sign of it picking up. :(
i still hope it does, and i've been hoping for a good 7months now with nada
Maybe if, you know, developers (like GAMEVIL) lowered the price of their products to compete with the iPhone prices, they might sell better. $5.99 is $3 too much when it's $2.99 on the iPhone/iPod Touch. They aren't the only ones guilty of this. Namco charged $6.99 for Pac-Mac CE at launch, and it doesn't have half of the content of the iPhone version (which was also $3 cheaper).

For pulling crap like that, the developers deserve the lack of sales. Sorry GAMEVIL, but I'm not buying while you're up-charging.

Upvote 0
sigh, buying the game from handango, i get 1.1.0.. been waiting for a 1.1.3 update
been waiting for a update to fix my game freezing problem for almost a month..

and now you say there is a 1.1.7 and i still can't play the damn thing..
i am giving up on this..

We've updated the build to Handango today, and the version is 1.1.7. Apologies for your frustration, and please let us know if there is anything additional to support you with.

Upvote 0
Maybe if, you know, developers (like GAMEVIL) lowered the price of their products to compete with the iPhone prices, they might sell better. $5.99 is $3 too much when it's $2.99 on the iPhone/iPod Touch. They aren't the only ones guilty of this. Namco charged $6.99 for Pac-Mac CE at launch, and it doesn't have half of the content of the iPhone version (which was also $3 cheaper).

For pulling crap like that, the developers deserve the lack of sales. Sorry GAMEVIL, but I'm not buying while you're up-charging.

The iPhone version was released almost two years ago, and the Android version even hasn't been a year old. It is a challenge for us to deal with all the different price points on each store that is open. This is a business decision, and if we don't monetize effectively, we also face problems as a company funding our future products too. Hope you understand our situation.

Upvote 0
We've updated the build to Handango today, and the version is 1.1.7. Apologies for your frustration, and please let us know if there is anything additional to support you with.

yea, send the version 1.1.7 now so i can redownload it from handango.

it sucks to pay 14.99 for it and not be able to play it for a month due to freezing problems..
the last message i sent handango, they said you haven't gave them the updated version..

edited.. oh wait, i see there is a new update from handango. lets just hope it is version 1.1.7, or else i am going to scream..

re-edited :- ok, got it running on my phone, no freezing so far.. but i got a question.. it no longer shows version in the start logo screen? how do I tell what version i am running now?

Upvote 0
yea, send the version 1.1.7 now so i can redownload it from handango.

it sucks to pay 14.99 for it and not be able to play it for a month due to freezing problems..
the last message i sent handango, they said you haven't gave them the updated version..

edited.. oh wait, i see there is a new update from handango. lets just hope it is version 1.1.7, or else i am going to scream..

re-edited :- ok, got it running on my phone, no freezing so far.. but i got a question.. it no longer shows version in the start logo screen? how do I tell what version i am running now?

That is the 1.1.7 version that you are playing. :)

Upvote 0
Zenonia would be a prime candidate for savegame backup. Because of Zenonia I rooted my phone to install Titanium backup, just so I can take my savegame with me.

Please consider using Android backup/restore, you would be one of the first to use it and it would surely generate positive press:
Data Backup | Android Developers

Thanks for the link. I've forwarded it to our dev team to take a look into. Honestly a bit scared cause all the new features don't turn out to work 100% of the time. :)

We thought of creating our own backup system, but the problem then is that there are hacking possibilities. You could in theory download your friends data from the server. And if we erased all the data on the client when uploading it to prevent this, then there is risk that the transfer may have not gone through.

We'll see what we can do.

Upvote 0
The iPhone version was released almost two years ago, and the Android version even hasn't been a year old. It is a challenge for us to deal with all the different price points on each store that is open. This is a business decision, and if we don't monetize effectively, we also face problems as a company funding our future products too. Hope you understand our situation.
I get that, but porting a game doesn't cost THAT much. Look at Halfbrick Studios. They ported Fruit Ninja to Android from iPhone for the exact same price (99 cents). Right now, your product is 100% more than it is on another market. Don't get me started on the $9.99 price on Handango either.

Look, I want to support your game. I've heard excellent things about it. I'm just not willing to spend $6 on it when other OSes can get it for significantly less money. Lower the price and I'll buy it.

Reactions: iwillfearnoevil
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones