1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Games in airplane mode

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by compassrosa, May 19, 2011.

1. compassrosa

compassrosa New Member

May 19, 2011
    Is there a way to tell if a game works in airplane mode without buying it first? I don't want to be accessing the internet all the time to play a solitaire game.

Advertisement

2. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Some might tell you in the discription. You can post the games your interested in here and ask for those who have them to try and play in airplane mode and see what happens.

3. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    I can't imagine that most games would need the Internet in order to play. They may need to download files in order to get started up the first time you start the game, but that's about it. The exception is MMORPG type games which are online by definition.

4. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Student
    I assume solitaire was just a random example, but I can almost assure you that solitaire isn't going to require the net. In fact, I have yet to find a game that is not playable, at least in some form, without internet access.

5. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Male
    Intel fab tech
    Salem, OR
    When you go to install an app, it will tell you what permissions it needs to run, and one of those permissions would be internet access. Of course, most of the time, that is just for ads, especially on free games.

6. badas7

badas7 New Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Road Trip 2 is my fav game that works on airplane mode