1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Games not downloading from the Amazon Appstore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ReeceH92, Dec 26, 2012.

1. ReeceH92

ReeceH92 Lurker

Hello everyone,

So after discovering that World of Goo is today's "free app of the day", I installed the Amazon Appstore on my Samsung Galaxy Ace. Every time I click "Get App", it says "You already own World of Goo - please find it in the Apps Library".

It clearly isn't in my apps library. Unless it means Amazon's app library, but I have no idea where such a thing would be located and I never once went through the download and install process anyway. I've looked everywhere in my menus and on my SD card. However, I did only get this phone yesterday so I have very little experience with it.

Any help is greatly appreciated; thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ReeceH92

ReeceH92 Lurker

I also tried to download Temple Run via Amazon Appstore, but when I tried to install it simply said "Application not installed".

EDIT: Another question: why do I keep getting an alert saying: "you've used

3. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Android Enthusiast

OK seems like 3 separate issues here. The

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

5. ReeceH92

ReeceH92 Lurker

Sorry for the late reply. So it turns out that I might have been using a 3G connection after all, since it seems I have access to the internet when I'm out. I did do all the router settings before though so I assumed it would just use wi-fi when in range. Any ideas on how to change to wi-fi manually?

I tried downloading World of Goo again. This time it downloads but does not install. I checked that I have enough storage space on my phone so I'm not sure what the issue is, it just says "application not installed" again. Temple Run does exactly the same thing.

I have ticked "Unknown sources" ("Allow installation of non-Market applications" it says) under "Application settings", I assume that's what you mean.

Pardon my idiocy, this is my first time using Android and a smartphone in general. :laugh:

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Can't help you with the Amazon-problem, sorry; I'm not using Amazon apps.
    About wifi: I presume you have set your wifi-network at home in your phone? If not, do that within Settings, Wireless and Networks, Wifi settings; tick Wifi and then (a little below) add your home wifi.
    After that, you can simply drag down the notification bar on your home screen and tick on and off Wifi over there. It seems that if you have both wifi and packet data (3G or 2G) set, your phone will use wifi as a preference. But to be safe, keep packet data switched off when you don't need it. As you said, you've probably used it when going out.

7. Ryuinferno

Ryuinferno Well-Known Member

My hypothesis is amazon downloaded the apk, it does not install automatically...only Google Play can do that (except if you are rooted)..try hunting in your sdcard...

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews