1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Games on sd card.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I am having a acer tab its internal memory is 8GB and i have sd card of 16GB SO HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD GAMES on it ???????????

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Depends what OS version you are running.

With Android 2.2 and 2.3 you could download the app, then go into settings and move it to sd. Now that doesn't move the whole thing, and what does move will depend on how the app's files are structured, but that's how you'd do it.

Android 4 no longer supports moving to SD - the "unified storage" model it now uses doesn't really cater for removable storage at all. So to do that you'd need to root the device (hack it to gain administrator access), then make further mods (including partitioning the card). Even then it may not be that simple: many games store their files in hard-coded locations, so if your tab's internal storage is called "/sdcard", and the game is coded so that it stores its files in "/sdcard" then you'd have to fiddle with the filesystem by hand in order to move them and the game still work (i.e. move the folders and set up links to their new locations).