• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Games that use Pocket Change (daily reward system)

Thanks!!! I plan to give it to them. I hope they have more contests like that. It was fun.

I'm getting close to my next big prize. So hard to choose. lol. Should I go for Roku, since I don't even own a tv, but maybe it works with a laptop or should i hold out for Nexus 7 in 3 more months.

(off topic I know, but seems fitting with the amount of "is this real" posts on fb and such)

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I an having an issue with my Pocket Change in my app. I am in contact with them to work thorough it, and I will do whatever I can to fix this ASAP.

They say that some users were using scripts to get all the event rewards, so they disabled events in the "Lite" version of the app. I really hope that they'll re-enable them soon. I will continue trying as hard as I can to get them back.

Please don't go and change your review to 1 star because of this (like some people have). There is nothing more in my power to do about this. Besides, I think my app is better than 1 star even without Pocket Change.

Thank you for your patience. I also use my app and got PC from it, so I'm also anxious to get them back.

Upvote 0
I've noticed that also. Actually, I am here now to check if anyone knows what's happening. I see that GnarBike Trials have also lost PC. Frankly, I am a bit scared that they are gonna fall apart, because they have maybe realized that this isn't working for them. You know anything about that? I've sent an email, will keep you informed. And don't worry about my review of your app, notme123. :)

Reactions: notme123
Upvote 0
To be honest, I was worried about this from the beginning, then I thought everything's gonna be ok, but now I'm worried again. Here is what I've sent in an email to them:

"Hi! I think this rewarding system is really cool and I have been playing
for a few months. I have about 11000 coins and my aim is the Nexus 7.
Here's the problem - I keep track of your FB page and there is nothing
going on for the past 2-3 weeks, so people are worried. I have also noticed
that a few apps shut you down (GnarBike Trials and Be Happy, to be exact).
Should I be worried? I don't want my effort to be for nothing. At least
tell us what is going on! Is there any possibility that you have found out
that this isn't working for you and you're gonna fall apart? I am very
nervous, or even scared. Please reply ASAP!
"

Ofc, back then, I didn't know that they shut you down, but that's not the point. I've receive an email where they said:

"Your request (#24554) has been received, and is being reviewed by our support staff.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:
Pocket Change : Log in
"

When I followed the link, the message popped up:

"REQUEST NOT FOUND: You do not have access to request #24554. It may have been solved or deleted."

I'm waiting for an answer and have the best hopes. At least, I want them to be honest, so I can take that stupid Roku 2 XS...

Attachments

• rps20130421_184024.jpg
    rps20130421_184024.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0
I didn't notice the Amazon stuff missing since I got them all and traded it for Amazon credit but I am now at over 8000 PC. I really wanted the Nexus 7 but worse case I'll end up eating a lot of vegetarian Chipolte.

I just found this dated april 9th,

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/14378368-pocket-change-reimagining-mobile-advertising-by-keeping-consumer-interests-first

So it seems more like they are just really really busy. They also were working on IOS version too so I am sure that takes time too.

An update from them would be nice though. it probably isn't good if all their users think they are "going out of business"

Upvote 0
@notme123,
I think it's unfair to you that Pocket Change has suspended your Be Happy Lite app. Surely they know how the events in it are earned, and yet they were promoting it just about every time someone on Facebook asked which apps earn coins. If they had concerns that it was too easy to earn so many coins so quickly with it they should have stopped listing it in the replies and then contacted you to make changes in your app to give less coins or take longer to earn them.

But now it makes you look like the bad guy to your users because they think you have "cheated" them of coins.

Upvote 0
Am I the only one that can't connect with Facebook? Everytime I log in, it automatically logs me off when I switch tabs, or close the Pocket Change app to open the apps to do tasks. I have sent them a email, but no reply yet. Anyone with the same problem?

I contacted PC and they are working on it. I know its annoying login in every time you want to know the events you have done to earn PC tokens..

Upvote 0
Finally, Pocket Change is back in my app, Be Happy!
The only difference is that now you have to actually read the tips to get the rewards, whereas clicking through them used to be enough (it times to make sure you don't cheat).

I want to share more about the whole story, but it's late and I need to get to sleep (these past few days of negotiation and coding have taken their toll on my energy level ^_^). I plan to share more in the next few days hopefully.

I really appreciate all of you guys supporting me so much through this whole thing. You are awesome! :)

Upvote 0
Am I the only one that can't connect with Facebook? Everytime I log in, it automatically logs me off when I switch tabs, or close the Pocket Change app to open the apps to do tasks. I have sent them a email, but no reply yet. Anyone with the same problem?
You can view your Profile tab in the Pocket Change app as it does not log out of Facebook. The problem occurs only when trying to view your Profile tab when you are in the games. I can't log in to Facebook when in a game, but the coins are still recorded correctly by Pocket Change.

Let's hope they can fix this and the now empty Earn tab soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones