• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GameTanium an *official* subscription based gaming service Available Now

supermanlegend

Android Enthusiast
May 12, 2011
United Statea
GameTanium is a subscription based android gaming service similar to Netflix but with android games. Currently the service has about 100 android games available. These include all the Hexage HD titles such as Radiant HD, Evac HD, Totem HD, and Buka HD. Also include popular games such as Cyberlords, Speed3DX, Super Dynamite Fishing, Hotel Mogul HD, Blow Up, Majesty, Farm Frenzy,and more. The app itself doesn't currently sport high Res devices and will show up small, but the games themselves work perfect like they normally would on high Res devices. They also promise new titles weekly. If you want to save some money but have a ton of games at your leisure this might just be what you need to get paid android games consistently.

Currently there is a 7day free trial and afterward its just $4.99 a month. They also seem to support a number of countries. Through the US you sign up through PayPal which lets you cancel at anytime.

Gametanium is the first official subscription based android gaming service, but more will be coming soon. Steam, Onlive, Gamestop Downloads, and Wild Tangent is joining up T-Mobile to make there on gaming services, plus many of these services include real PC/Console video games. Soon there will be even more reasons to love the freedom of Android
!
Here's Gametaniums link below:

GameTanium

Where's the source? I've seen articles that say it is something they are considering, but nothing definitive has been released.

All of those rumors were back in March as well.

If/when they do release the mobile app, it would be awesome to see some of their games along with it as well (Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead and so on).

Upvote 0
Although PC's have been decreasing in sales I don't really think that has anything to do with the growth of the mobile market. They are alot more powerful and effecient now, and therefore last longer and having no real reason to upgrade. My Core 2 Duo laptap from 3 years ago can run every game on the market right now (maybe not with all of the settings maxed out, but they still run smoothly).

That is just my opinion though, the introduction of the iPad and other tablets has created debates as to whether or not those are the reasons for the decline in PC sales. The only way I'd completely leave the PC game is if tablets can perform on par to what they can do (Kal El and other quad core chips are a step in that direction), have full developer support for them and are incorperated with a phone (why stop with just 3g/4g internet...give me a phone/bluetooth earpiece!).

Upvote 0
Of course I'm not leaving my pc either. I You're right though if you know how to buy. A pc can last a long time, and especially a desktop. I've had my desktop with a Radeon 4850 about 3 years and I can run everything on max that has come out so far. It was ATI best card at the time and I still think I paid no more than 300 maybe 250 that hurt nvidia. There same level card was $450 at the time. I Just think people use there phone more than ever and pc usually when they need to work, game, or do something intense. Remember when had to use your pc for everything? I find myself going through spurts where I only use my mobile devices android, ipod, psp etc. Just cause I don't feel like booting up a console or my tv. Plus I can get in bed and play too.

Upvote 0
If my desktop gpu gets old in the next two years I can just upgrade the gpu. My quad core handles multitude tasking brilliantly. Laptops though don't last to long from my experience. And ones that do are ridiculously priced if you don't know where to buy. Asus makes a really good gaming laptop for just @$1000 thinking about getting that one day but already having portability makes it less intriguing plus it weighs a lot. If they made a real Microsoft office suite for mobile I think would only buy desktops for now on. And that would be far apart since you can just upgrade them when a part gets old.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones