1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Tips Gaming and the home button... always accidentally tripping, disable home button?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by handsomepants, Jul 18, 2010.

1. handsomepants

handsomepants New Member

Jul 18, 2010
    I'm a gamer, and I love my new evo for everything else so far.. I'm confident I will love it for gaming once the 30fps cap is lifted (please please please please plEASE!) and I fix this one problem...

Whenever I'm playing a game with a "virtual controller", i.e. phone sideways with d pad on left and buttons on right side of screen, I inevitably find myself tripping the "home" key within minutes of starting any game that requires a controller. This of course kicks me to my home page, and with most games any progress is lost. I can't imagine that no one else is having this problem, as it even happens with texting from time to time, but I can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem.

This is reallllly irritating as in any game with oft-pressed controls on the lower right side of the screen, i'm pretty much guaranteed to kick myself out to my home screen within 3 minutes of starting a game.

What's the best way to address this? Is there a way to temporarily disable the home button? change controls to a hold? Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!!

Advertisement

2. facemymusic

facemymusic Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Student; Library Assistant
    Houston, TX
    I kind of have this problem, too. I have REALLY small hands, so it's extra difficult for me to navigate my Evo. Anytime I use the phone vertically, I aways trip the Search button. Anyway to disable any of the buttons at a given time? Like a toggle on/off feature?

Tags: