1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GAOSP Froyo Nightly Builds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tsphere, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Alonzzo2

Alonzzo2 Well-Known Member

Hi

Just wanted to say -THANK YOU! to this whole wonderful community that helped make the galaxy somewhat tolerable. especially drakaz offcourse.
    I've moved to a bigger better device - Desire Z :)

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sgx100

sgx100 Android Enthusiast

Hey buddy congos for the upgrade.
    Hope we see some of you in the forum.
    Wud miss you here bro.

3. badeaioan

badeaioan Newbie

Any news of the next Nightly build ? The work seems stopped. No modifications on github or on gaosp official page...

4. Lelouch

Lelouch Android Enthusiast

Drakaz also needs some rest from non-stop modifications and answering/reading some idiotic issues posted on issue page.
    But, anyway it looks like the next build will be interesting indeed.

5. Caroliano

Caroliano Lurker

I'm using galaxy ATM, but I find that eco cpu sampling is too lagy (it is too slow to kick up the clocks when doing something). With mix I can go for up to 6 or 7 days of very little use of my cellphone with one charge (mostly dictionary look up and some short calls). I doubt that eco is much more economic, and I didn't have patience to try it yet. I'm happy with the mix sampling. Performance drains the battery too fast. Little more than a day even with light usage.

I use oc of 614 because 710 isn't 100% stable on my cellphone. It is very annoying when it hangs and I have to pull out the battery. 614mhz is 100% stable, and likely provide longer phone and baterry life. Why 614mhz and not 528mhz? Because 20% more performance is very welcome.

Compcache takes a chunk of memory (ex, 50MB) and turns it into an swap partition inside the memory. Why do that? Because it compacts the contents of this virtual disk, efectively increasing the memory size, but at the same time it still have much faster access than swap, and don't wear your SD card. I'm using 50mb compcache even on galaxy right now. Waiting for the beta in order to try GAOSP.

JimJam707 likes this.
  6. Kamala

Kamala Member

First one, new nightly!!!!!

7. Abdurahman

Abdurahman Newbie

Is there any way to update the nightly without wiping? cause I have a lot of apps on the 9292010 nightly but i wanna update to the newest nightly is there anything to do update without wiping?

8. Naruvam

Naruvam Well-Known Member

Second! But seriosly didnt know there was a contest... ;)
    OK third :D damn it :p

9. Hi!! Can you install any app from market??

I'm trying but it always says incorrect download.

10. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me

Same here.

Going back to Galaxo. ;)

11. Naruvam

Yep too bad new nightly seems great...

12. IDEAL41

IDEAL41 Member

strange....just put on new nightly...i7500l friendly (thank-you)...did a quick test download to reply to this thread.....barcode scanner...worked fine....trying a couple more

13. IDEAL41

IDEAL41 Member

google sky, espn scorecenter..all good so far

14. IDEAL41

IDEAL41 Member

flixster, soundhound....all working. I downloaded via usb push with gapps light...all downloads have been over wifi. don't know if this makes any difference

15. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me

Mine didn't work and I was on Wifi. Maybe the gapps version has to do with it? I was using the regular froyo gapps that can be found somewhere on the Drakaz forums.

I might do some testing tomorrow.

16. DaSchmarotzer I turned off my router and tryed again some times and now it worked...
    Maybe it is a little bug but it works now.

17. Lelouch

Lelouch Android Enthusiast

Installing from the market works like a charm.
    It's better and faster then the previous release. Now for some extensive testing.

18. r3dpuma

r3dpuma Well-Known Member

If u can make a review comparative to Galaxo would be great. Thx

19. Kamala

Kamala Member

Installing works perfectly. What I noticed is pixelbreaking during videorecording. Thats only one so far.

20. weltschmertz

weltschmertz Lurker

Can I update to new nightly gaosp 11232010 while charging the phore..? Or, I should charge it first and than update it..?

Thank you!

21. r3dpuma

r3dpuma Well-Known Member

Yes u can, the phone charges even when u use the usb cable. Unless u uncheck some box hidden in the options menus.

22. amrutpritam

amrutpritam Newbie

after I installed the latest nightly all my songs in internal memory got deleted. funny part is empty folders are still there. again its not showing songs on external memory card. anybody having similar trouble?

23. Naruvam

Falsa alarm on market trouble it was general trouble with market for ever1

24. golanster

golanster Member

the battary life is way better now
    10hours since charge with about 3 hours of talk (29% voice calls)
    and i'm on 48& battary
    i only flashed the new nightly, no wipe