1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GAOSP Froyo Nightly Builds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tsphere, Jul 23, 2010.

1. r3dpuma

r3dpuma Well-Known Member

how can i do that?
    What gapps do i use?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sgx100

sgx100 Android Enthusiast

Hi,

Which version of gaaps are you using.
    Lots of gapps on air ;)

3. sgx100

sgx100 Android Enthusiast

Installed the 23112010 nightly without wipe. Sticking to ultralight apps.
    Changed to black notification bar...Looks amazing

Amazed to see the options in GAOSP Config
    Anyone any ideas ?

First up would want to test battery
    Un-mounting phone still not works...Phone hot reboots
    Angry Birds @ its worst :eek:

Not played with it much...Updates to follow soon :)

Back with some updates:

- Enabling 2d gallery in GAOSP Config makes the gallery icon go away from the drawer. You cant get to open gallery even if you tap pic inside the camera interface. Disabled 2d gallery to get back the gallery.
    - No issues with the lock button : Lots of users are reporting problem with the lock button
    - For a change changed LCD density to 135 from default 160. I think this accommodates more character; good for browsing and general stuff.
    - Still have problems installing apps from market. Its always stuck at 'downloading' and sometimes at 'download paused' Dunno why.

4. r3dpuma

I`m flashing it now too, with lightgapps, no wipe also, i`ll come back with opinions.

PS: my recovery was, fcked up, dont know how, i just wanna thank drakaz for the GalaxyUpdater, amazingly usefull app, if it wasnt for it i wouldnt even bother to install new recoverry via adb or other methods.

PS2: Just flashed it, i got a crapload of errors when it first started, many proccesses.
    I`ll flash again but first wipe data, no factory reset

PS3: Still having problems, last option, factory reset and flash again.

5. Frojd

Frojd Member

I used the GAOSP kitchen gapps. It's linked directly from GAOSP config 2.

Not a single FC since I flashed yesterday, and I've got 3g-data working. :D

6. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me

To update the recovery you simply have to change the rectools.tar.gz on your phone for the newer one. Simple as that, it takes about fifteen seconds, no need for adb or stuff like that. ;)

7. Lelouch

Lelouch Android Enthusiast

Just a notice.

If you have unexpected problems with the GAOSP, please also post on Drakaz forum (don't report issues).

8. r3dpuma

I went back to galaxo :D
    If anyone can help me with my galaxo post, in the Updating to Galaxo thread. Thx.

9. jjcobm

jjcobm Newbie

Ahh this one works great. The freaking proximity sensor can now be killed!!!! Life is good now :D I had galaxo for a while, while GAOSP had the bugs worked out. One thing that I won't miss is the battery bug, the phone would be dead every morning even with 1.6.3.4

10. Abdurahman

Abdurahman Newbie

is there any way to make the galaxy record in vga resolution? i find it hard to believe that a phone with 5mp resolution can barely record in qvga at barely 15 fps. is there any way to do it? it's been done with other phones

11. Lelouch

In GAOSP that is still in the development (after GAOSP 1.0 is released). So patience my dear friend.

12. weasel

weasel Android Enthusiast

Well, so far so good. This is the best nightly yet. Phone is quick ( boots up quick too ! ) and smooth. If there is anyone sitting on the fence, go and put the latest nightly on. If it weren't for the fact that BT isn't complete yet, IMO, it would be job DONE.

13. Abdurahman

Abdurahman Newbie

I must say, this is really the fastest nightly yet! It is so smooth! I have JIT and swap, and WOW!!!

14. mogden

mogden Newbie

Quick me too! So much better than the previous. Haven't found a reason to go back to Galaxo yet.

15. r3dpuma

what gapps are you all using, setting on the phone? please provide a little more details.

16. mogden

mogden Newbie

Normal gapps. Overclock to 710 and swap. That's it!

17. r3dpuma

Hmmm, did anyone tried youtube? I got the ultralite gapps, and i had to istall youtube from market, but it freezes all the time,sometimes doesnt even starts playing. Search and everything works fine.

18. mogden

mogden Newbie

Youtube plays fine for me.

19. r3dpuma

How do i change the notification bar in black from gaosp config?
    Also how can i manage the swap file size?
    I would install the normal gapps , but they have a tone of useless crap that start on they're own.

20. Lelouch

1. Go to CyangenMod settings>User interface>Tweaks extra

2. About swap (must have a external SD card), in Recovery use format SD card swap + FAT 32, and enabled it in GAOSP 2 conf

About youtube app - if you already have the newest version on your phone (supplied by gapps) and it doesn't work, uninstall it (will go back to 1.x.x) and download it again from Market (also had the same problem and this solved it, weird).

21. r3dpuma

OK, so, i wiped and flashed again, this time with the drakaz normal gapps. Yotube is at version 1.7.x something, similar to the one from galaxo. The market one is totally different, its like a pc youtube, but that one crashes. Anyway i got it working.
    I have now the following config :
    Compcache disabled, no JIT, Swap only checked, OC 614, Cpu and sensors on MIX. It seems to be running smooth, i`m charging it now to full, and then i`ll see the battery life.
    I got 28-35 RAM free most of the time. Pretty nice.

22. weasel

weasel Android Enthusiast

I did find something odd. With the 0929 nightly I could rotate the home screen all I wanted ( my son quite enjoyed the fact that I cold turn the phone and the screen went with it ). Now with the latest, it only does it when I am viewing pictures ( so far, haven't tested anything else ). Its not like I need to have the home screen rotate, but I quite liked the fact that it would rotate when in just about any app.

23. r3dpuma

That option is in Cyanogen/User Interface. Just check all the degrees boxes and it should work.

24. korsu

korsu Newbie

Was still eating battery and I like GPS to work, so I got back to Galaxo. Latest nightly is fast and beautiful, I'd like to use it but...

25. r3dpuma

My battery is fine, and the gps works, i tested it with iGO, Navigon and Navdroyd. Maybe you should reflash.