1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GAOSP Froyo Nightly Builds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tsphere, Jul 23, 2010.

1. r3dpuma

r3dpuma Well-Known Member

I seariously is that time without signal thing in battery usage, stand-by. I`ve switched to galaxo to experiment and in galaxo there is not such thing.i`ll post some screenshots on galaxo and gaosp.

Here is a disturbing thing, first screen is galaxo, 2nd is gaosp.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

@Lelouch: I hijacked the microsd card from my digital camera :D i hope nobody intents to use it soon :D Gonna test swap and compcache :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lelouch

Lelouch Android Enthusiast

LOL
    You're pure evil man. :D

What class of SD card is it?

P.S: did you post that picture on Drakaz forum? :thinking:

3. r3dpuma

The class is only 2, 4gb, but.............. I have 44mb of RAM freee, never seen so much ram on my lil phone, Angry Birds 1.3.5 is playable now, even if i dont see the terrain texture properly. I cant wait to buy a class 6-10 card :D

I did posted those pics, no answer yet. I think that something is fishy with that thing.

4. rajm11

rajm11 Newbie

Well i think it cause the radio is searching continously even there is a network... I see dbm swithcing at a split second right from -105 to -81, in most of cell phone its laggy, I think Drakaz built it strong to pick up any change.. well that is very very good but it eats battery like anything ...

5. bisanu

bisanu Guest

does anyone now how do i "sync" my music in phone? when i start music player no songs are displayed. and when i enter the gallery my pictures don't "clear", they remain blur, and i cannot set them as a wallpaper

6. bisanu

bisanu Guest

also i cannot change between input metods/keyboards

7. Lelouch

The new nightly is out. Get it from your local supplier.

And yes Christmas does come early for i7500 users. :p

8. bisanu

bisanu Guest

you gotta be kiding me.... :) i just finally get this one to work properly and now i should install this one?!?!? i'll wait for your comments fellas :)

9. Naruvam

Naruvam Well-Known Member

I'd recomend instaling it. smoother than previous.....

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Can anyone lock/unlock phone with lock HW button on the new GAOSP? Mine doesnt work.. Is it supposed to be this way?

11. Naruvam

Naruvam Well-Known Member

Need to turn on both options for hw in cyanogen settings and it shoul be working..

Deleted User likes this.
  12. r3dpuma

I`m also waiting for some more reviews, maybe even for the Beta, i`m quite satisfied with this one, and i love the gingerbread goodies as Lelouch called them. And its all tweaked as i like. I havnt charged in 48 hours and i`m on 60% at battery, so i have no rason to change now. Also i`m not saying NO if someone posts a really nice review :D

bisanu likes this.
  13. rajm11

rajm11 Newbie

r3 u have 112132010 build right ? how do u stay on 60 % even after 48 hours mine dies like every 7 to 8 hours

14. r3dpuma

Well i dont know. Maybe the huge secret is that i use timeriffic and its sets the brightness to the lowest but visible value like 3, and the other thing is that my phone goes to airplane mode from 23:00 to 07:00 also with timeriffic. It saves battery and i also dont get disturbed during the night. Other settings are normal, compchace default, vm heap on 32, oc at 614, sensors and cpu on performance. Thats all !

15. Kamala

Kamala Member

NN 0.71 is out.

16. r3dpuma

noob question: What is NN?

17. Lelouch

o_O
    That was fast. Was expecting it next year. :p

18. r3dpuma

Damn i just finished flashing the 0.70 :D
    Here we go again :))

19. Lelouch

Yep, the latest nightly build is for now 0.70, but the next build is a real killer (looking @ O/C to 796.8 MHz). :cool:
    But, I'm not going to use it, quite happy with 610 MHz. :p

20. shalafi

shalafi Newbie

0.70 is out, 0.71 is being worked on (hence the WIP status)

21. r3dpuma

WIP i believe is from Work In Progress :D

22. bitxboi

bitxboi Android Enthusiast

I've just downloaded the latest version of it. Where would I find a HOW-TO install on my Galaxy?

23. r3dpuma

Here you go again. If you encounter problems post here and we will help.

NightlyBuilds - gaosp - Project Hosting on Google Code

To ease up the step before 1 in that guide i suggest you download the GalaxyUpdater via Market and use that to install your Recovery 6.5. If you are in a country that can buy apps from market, i suggest you buy the full app and install the whole GAOSP from there, and also support the developer.

24. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me

Using the latest nightly. I decided to use this as my everyday build, so there are a few things which I'd like to sort out. They are in fact general questions about Froyo and cyanogenmod, not about this specific nightly.

First of all, did the "repeat notifications" feature vanish from the default SMS application? How lame is that? I had to start using Handcent just because of that.

Next thing: there are so many customization options in cyanogenmod config, it's hard to find what I want. I started by applying the Gingerbread Theme from Frojd, but then the notification bar was too black to my liking so I decided to lighten it up a bit. But after modifying a few things, I realized that the Handle from the drop down notification tray is a Cyanogen logo, is there a way to change that? Also that tray has no transparency, do I have to create my own theme or is there an option to add transparency?

Next, I'd like to change the color of the text notifications from the notification bar (not from the big drop-down notification tray).

Also, something weird happened to me TWICE already and it hasn't been a whole day. The phone simply seemed to shut itself off, nothing was responding and it wouldn't even boot. I had to remove the battery and then boot it. Regular occurrences on GAOSP?

And last (for now...), I'd like to be able to save my custom theme in the cyanogen options. When I do that, nothing seems to happen and when I select "Load a theme", there is only one (which I'm guessing is the Gingerbread theme I downloaded, but I can't read it because it's written in white on a white background... am I missing something?).

So that's it, thanks to whoever feels like helping me out. GAOSP is nice, but Galaxo seemed much simpler to configure. Thanks. :D