1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GAOSP Froyo Nightly Builds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tsphere, Jul 23, 2010.

1. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me

When using this method, rooting is synonym of installing the custom recovery (the special mode when you hold specific keys to boot into recovery mode). In that new menu, you can "apply" updates, aka ROMs. As soon as you are rooted (have the recovery), you could use the application, but you decide if it is worth it or not.

Turds likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Turds

Turds Newbie

So no multitouch even after froyo?

Noob Q:
    The browser sure is hard to read, the text is so small. With no multi-touch how do you guys control the zoom size?

Sorry to say but after 1 day of use, iPhone really outperforms this phone. For a used $100-150 3g with free unlocking software and jailbreak, you get a lot of performance. I am not a fan of apple but I did give IOS a chance and it seems to be much smoother.

Why do you guys choose the galaxy over apple, is there a feature that I missed?

3. shalafi

shalafi Newbie

I don't think anyone of us chose between the iP3G and the Galaxy i7500 .. i7500 was Samsung's first Android phone, it was practically a beta device, support from Samsung was dropped rather soon. It's a phone for people who like to fidlle with settings, tweak and squeeze every bit of performance from outdated hardware. If you want a usable phone out of the box with a polished system, sure, buy the iPhone.

4. Turds

Turds Newbie

The iPhone 2g was the 1st gen but you can do the same as we did here updating and unlocking it. It seems to have much more cpu horsepower than the galaxy. You can add multitasking and bluetooth with some hacks. The thing that makes quite a difference is the multi-touch, that makes mobile browsing somewhat tolerable. The drawback with the iPhone is limited storage memory.

I put Beautiful Widgets live wallpaper onto the android and it looks cool now. Voice activated GPS, sweet. Chrome to Phone. Too bad about multitouch though, maybe one day :)

5. Lelouch

Lelouch Android Enthusiast

For a faster browser use Opera mini.

And don't forget, Galaxy doesn't have adobe flash player support. :(
    Skyfire browser will compensate for that.

Turds likes this.
  6. Turds

Turds Newbie

I've been searching for info on how to get the galaxy to sync with NPS. After installing Froyo 2.2.1, NPS doesnt recognize my phone model. Other people that had sync troubles had driver issues and one just needed to reboot his phone. Neither of those is my problem.

I want to do the Outlook Sync in NPS. Does NPS recognize your guys' phone model and can you do the Outlook Sync (need to add it by clicking Widget Settings at the bottom of NPS)?

7. Lelouch

Lelouch Android Enthusiast

Nope, for it to recognize the unit you will need to have Samsung firmware installed (in your case Bell firmware).
    I think that there is a app for that on the Market, but I'm not sure.

Turds likes this.
  8. Turds

Turds Newbie

For anyone interested I found a workaround for contacts.
    I sync them in my old nokia phone to the sim card, then the galaxy can import them from the sim. It is a bit painful that way but it beats typing them in one by one.