• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
yep
when you wipe you need to re-apply update.zip before gapps

EDIT this is goasp. i didnt think there were gapps for it yet
Weird - the gapps go back in fine, but no paid apps in the market at all? My region is still UK though? Anyone got a way round this as I was probably going to keep it till I noticed...

Upvote 0
Weird - the gapps go back in fine, but no paid apps in the market at all? My region is still UK though? Anyone got a way round this as I was probably going to keep it till I noticed...
Hmmm, anyone know if AppBrain is a way round this? I'm guessing not as it's a market skin more than anything... Seems pretty nice though :)

edit; Answered my own question it appears - Pandora Radio shows up in AppBrain, but can't get it :( I assume the same will be the case for paid apps in GAOSP :( Still a cool app :)

Upvote 0
Hi, I have successfully upgraded my Samsung galaxy device using the GAOSP project but I was unable to establish a data connection with he new software.
If anyone encountered a similar problem I would be grateful for any help on the subject.
P.S.
during the installation I had 2 problems:
1. I couldn't find the gapps download on the end of cyanogen

Upvote 0
Advice:

Forget about GAOSP public beta 2.
It's a older build then the latest nightly. Yes, nightly versions are the most working ones (still a bug here and there) but it works nicely. Here is the link.

Give it a try, also don't forget to do a Nandroid backup and a full wipe (is a must when changing versions of Android).
Here is a guide and also the gapps you will need. Choose the one you think suits you the most.

Reactions: rajm11
Upvote 0
Nightly is a prebeta build and well Beta is...
Forget about nightly and go for Beta - the most recent build.

And those are names for gapps, go with either one light is lighter then regular, and ultralight... But be warned for each version of gapps you must have a clean GAOSP Beta install (Nadroid backup rules :p ).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones